Saturday, July 21, 2018

ROCKY RIVERFEST....



This is the third year of the Rocky Riverfest, and the first I have managed to attend.  Appartently it is getting bigger and better every year. 

The first one was held the year we were in Europe, and then last year, we were lapping Australia. 
I was a bit disappointed that Steve was away for it, but even though I was home alone, I was determined to go down and check it out and I must say I am glad I did.  What a wonderful atmosphere,  lots of live music,  markets, street entertainers, food, fireworks, and so much more...
The entrance to Riverfest.
Street entertainers
More street entertainers

  The markets were great,  lots of stalls that I had not seen at previous markets. 
Street markets

 By evening when all the lights were on, the riverbank became a fairyland. 

 After walking around and checking out the markets, I decided to head down to the banks of the river and listen to some of the live music....
 Sitting and listening to these guys gave me a front row view to the fireworks...

 The new double decker Merry-go-round was also a highlight of the Festival and looked amazing all lit up at night. 
 The     was also very popular...
 Before heading home,  I went for a stroll along the river bank.  The water features were all lit up.  the town looked amazing.  It was so good to see so many people down there enjoying the festival as well. 
I have to say I love Rocky too
 It was getting quite cold by 8pm so I figured it was probably time to head back to the car and head home.  There were so many people wandering the street, and they had horse and carriage rides.  It was so good to see so many out enjoying this wonderful festival.


 I must say I was very impressed with the Rocky Riverfest.  I can see it going from strength to strength in years to come. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP