Sunday, August 19, 2012

IT HASN'T BEEN THE BEST WEEKEND

More sad news today....

Steve's much loved Grandmother passed away last night... She was of a good age... She turned 98 last week.  A wonderful lady.... in fact an amazing lady.
 

Nanna Latham - an amazing woman.
 She was still playing golf in her nineties...  When she was in her 70's she renovated her kitchen and built all the cabinets herself... She built the extensions on her home herself, and she was an accomplished tailor and seamstress.   She had a wonderful sense of humor, and loved catching up with family and friends.  Such a social person, and always happy to see you.   Amazingly enough, she has known me all my life, long before I ever met her grandson Steve and married me.  When I was little, she owned a Children's shop in our home town, and made lots of the clothes for the shop.    My Mum used to shop there all the time, so I also as a young child was dressed by Nanna Latham.    Many years later, I met her grandson, we fell in love and married and she then became my grandmother too, even if it were just by marriage.
Family photo taken at Nanna's 95th Birthday Party
Her life hasn't always been easy.. She lost her husband over 65 years ago, and was left to raise 4 boys, one  who was intellectually impaired and who has lived with her all his life....  She never complained, always had a story to tell, and a good hearty laugh, and we loved to catch up with her. 

We will have a quick trip to Bundy this week for her funeral.  She was a very special lady and has left a wonderful legacy to her many grandchildren and great grandchildren. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP