Monday, October 15, 2012

FINDING JOY

Amidst the sad time of late,  I have been really challenged to find JOY.... Finding JOY doesn't mean that the sadness, the frustration,  is not still there, but it means that I can find  an underlying peacefulness and contentment.

I came across this quote today...

JOY, it's always a function of gratitude - and gratitude is always a function of perspective.  If we are going to change our lives, what we're going to have to change is the way we see.

Sometimes, in fact many times I have had to take a step bask and ponder what it is that makes this life beautiful, sacred and special.  Too often lately I get weighed down by sadness , I get frazzled and strangled by the many things on my to do list, my overpowering expectations and desires.  Anxiety clouds my thoughts, anger festers, until I STOP,  I have to stop and breathe and clear my mind.  I need to remind myself that this is not what it is all about....

There is no need to have this much PRESSURE.  Why am I sad, frustrated, scared, angry, alone. I have to STOP, BREATHE.... I have to find my quiet place where I can TALK to the Lord.  Thank him for the little things, and then build into all areas of my life.  In this way I can feel his peace and his love.  I have to make a list, an endless, eternal thank you list to my Heavenly Father.  These are my moments of peace solitude and calm.  Doing this helps me on my journey back home to him. 

I have come to realize that  If JOY isn't to be had in this season, then why think it comes in any other season. JOY isn't ever in a season but in the way we see..... Grace and mercy saturate everything.
When life is a battle, then the weak and weary have this weapon.

THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH

This week I read the following and it makes a lot of sense to me
The Joy of the Lord is not mere sentiment, the JOY of the LORD is the muscle that keeps you standing.

So this week I continue to dwell of the things I am grateful for....

1.  Worship - thanking God for who he is and all that he has done for me.

2. The Heavens - they declare the Glory of the Lord
3.The Heavens declare the Glory of the Lord
3. Our beautiful native plants..
Beautiful Australian Natives
More beautiful Native flowers.
4.  Steve's Mum's amazing chicken dinner
Chicken Dinner
5.. My sewing machine and the things I have been able to make to bless people with
Sewing on my new machine
 6.  Good fresh water straight tom the tap.
Cold Water
7.  Date luncheon with my lovely husband.
8. A warm home
9. Solar energy
10.  Sharing anothers pain
11. Pegs that hold my washing on the line in the breeze
12 Test messages
13. Gentle breezes
14 Words of encouragement
15. Wildlife in my garden
16. My sewing machine
17. Snuggles and cuddles
18. Lovely warm doonas
20 Fresh eggs from the chookies
21.Cups of tea late at night
22. my Laptop
24.  Back massages
25.Friendships old and new.
26. A comfortable bed and a good nights rest.
27.  Three amazing kids and a wonderful son-in-law.
28. Daily provisions
29. Sunshine
30 Glorious sunsets
31 Fresh flowers on my table
32. Getting into the word
33.  My toothbrush
34.  Soothing instrumental worship music
35. Love and laughter

 It is a good thing, to look around and take in all that we can be thankful for, and then thanking God for his bountiful mercies to us.  It does invite a peaceful feeling, a feeling a contentment,  a feeling of gratitute.... a sense of JOY.

What are you choosing today??????

1 comments:

Jane October 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM  

So true! Thanks for sharing that Karen.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP