Sunday, May 11, 2014

MOTHER'S DAY


Mother's Day for me is never quite the same as it used to be....
Whilst I cherish the time and love from my own children and that is so very special, it also is a timely reminder that I have lost my own beautiful Mum.
One of the last photos of my girls and my Mum...

I have been incredibly blessed to have had the most wonderful and amazing Mum a girl could ever wish for...  At this time of year, I really miss her...  the lost seems intense..
My kids get to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, and my husband gets to ring his Mum for Mother's Day, and I feel the loss intensely....  It is so hard not being able to tell her in person just how really wonderful she is....
and how much I love her...
This morning I was reduced to tears by this beautiful letter and card my daughter gave me for Mother's day
My Mother's Day Card from Sarah
She had written these beautiful words to me, and they mirrored exactly what I would have loved to have told my Mum today...

Dear Mum,
Today is your day because 364 days you make it our day.  You selflessly care for each of us in ways only a mother could.  I look at you Mum and see someone who is worthy of celebrating...
For all the times that I have called and you have answered..  THANK YOU!
For all the times you have sent me and been encouraging.. THANK YOU!
For all the times you came home after working 8 hours to cook us dinner.. THANK YOU!
For the numerous girl's shopping trips and coffee dates where we could chat..THANK YOU!
For all the ways you have shown me what a woman of God looks like.. THANK YOU!
For the many times you have given me Grace... THANK YOU!
For all the unconditional love you give me, even though I don't always deserve it... THANK YOU!
Today the celebration of you does not stop, in face it serves as a reminder for all the amazing things you do for us each and everyday.  Yes today is Mother's Day, but truthfully everyday should be Mother's Day, because everyday you deserve to hear THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU..
Mum, THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU.
Sarah.

Totally brought tears to my eyes, how blessed I am and feel to have three amazing children who make it very easy for me to love them.  They will forever hold my heart....
Both the girls have spoilt me today.... both have given me not only lovely gifts but the gift of their time...

I have had a wonderful day surrounded by those I love.... I have missed you Pete, but so loved hearing from you and chatting to you tonight...
Last photo of me with all those I love dearly before Pete left the country....
And to my own Mum... I LOVE YOU MUM.  You have been the shining light in my life.... your unfailing love, your grace, your wisdom, your Godliness, have been the best role model and example that have enabled me to love and care for and cherish my own family,... What a wonderful legacy you have left us all...  I MISS YOU DREADFULLY.  NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU,  YOU WILL FOREVER BE IN MY HEART....  The very words that Sarah has echoed above ring true for my feeling towards you.  I couldn't have said it better myself... That my children see these qualities in me are a true reflection of your guiding hand, your prayers and your love in my own life....

HOW BLESS I AM

Hanging out this Mother's Day with my beautiful girls...
FEELING SO LOVED AND SPECIAL TODAY.....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP