Tuesday, May 20, 2014

SCRAP RETREAT 2014


Another Scrap Retreat has come and gone....
Where does the time really go...
This year we decided to extend our scrap retreat by an extra day.  Book in time was 11am in the morning rather than 5,30pm in the afternoon.  I must say it made a big difference to the amo0unt of pages I was able to scraobook,  I think over the weekend, I managed to do 11 or 12 layouts.  I real record for me considering the last lot of scrapbooking I have done was at the retreat last weekend....

This was our second time at "The Haven" at Emu Park.  Beautiful beautiful surroundings and views.
The weather was perfect, with a lovely nip in the breeze, cooler evening... but not cold...
Once again, Jannett, Robyn, Caroline and I were booked into Joseph's Cottage..
Joseph's Cottage - our home for the weekend..
Amazing views all around of the ocean....
Unfortunately the ocean wasn't the usual beautiful blue this year because of all the wind. but it still a lovely peaceful and relaxing weekend...
This is what we came down to "The Haven" to do....
My creative space......
Enjoying the process.....
Playing with Paper.....
These are the girls I shared the weekend with....
Katelyn, Ann, Sue, Terry and Mary..
Dianne, Irene, Elisha, Carolyn and Claire...
Karen, Jannett, Lesley, Robyn and Katrina
Janet
 This year we only had one Mother/Daughter group, so thought it would be nice to take of photo of Ann and Katelyn together...
Ann and Katelyn -0ur only Mother and Daughter team on retreat this year...
It was great having the extra half day down there.  A few of us took days off work... Jannett and I left at 8am in the morning to head to the coast, as she had a dentist appointment at 9.15am in Yeppoon.  Whilst she went to the dentist,  I had a lovely breakfast and pot of earl grey tea at the Coffee Club on the beach front at Yeppoon.  Before getting to the Haven, we actually did a bit of shopping to get some craft glue, a bit of fruit, (to try and help us eat healthy rather than pig out on all the goodies that are always on hand....
By dinner time on Friday I had managed to complete these layouts... Such a bonus...

Still need to do the journalling....
Decided to share them if though they are not quite finished, as I still haven't shared the layouts from the last retreat because I still haven't journalled on them...
Couldn't reist doing this layout of Willow with her new little red gumboots.
This layout still needs the journalling to be done....
Finished off this layout that I started at last year's retreat
Great start to the weekend... Normally this would take me a whole day to achieve something like this...
Unfortunately,  I wasn't as productive on Saturday.  It took me almost a whole day to just do this layout...
Tea Party with Poppy.....
 We sure make a mess when we get creating...
Paper from one end of the table to the other....
At work.....
 Although we all work hard with our creating, and we are all different, it is fun to share the ideas, the papers, the tools and the memories, there are also plenty of laughs, and it is a weekend of emotional health as we all laugh and share together....
Lots of laughs from Katrina and Lesley
 We did have our retreat photos done on the Saturday afternoon.  We waited almost all afternoon to get everyone together, but it was getting darker and so we just had to take the phone but unfortunately Claire and Mary were missing...
Retreat Photos were taken on the steps this year.
Saturday evening we all went out to dinner to The Pines Hotel for dinner.  Ann managed to grab a menu at lunch time, as we all decided then which meals we wanted and then we rang the order through to the Hotel.
It took me almost all day to do the layout "Tea Party with Poppy".  but I did manage to complete these couple of layouts on Saturday night. 
Layout of us with Pete on his last night in Australia
Their pride and joy...
 This one isn't quite finished.  I have some little fish at home that I want to glue on the bottom of this layout above the button and below the journalling....
 I managed to start this next layout on Saturday night, but it just wasn't coming to gether...
As it is I was missing two of my photos (which I might add are still missing... I put a couple of other photos of Willow in that are the same size as the photos I want to go in there so that I could  pretty much finish the layout.   I ended up heading to bed at 11.30pm, and thought I would just leave it to the next morning to finish it....
Finally came together for me on Sunday morning....
 Sunday morning a few of us headed into Emu Park to go to the Sunday morning markets... It wasn't the best day for the markets as it was drizzling with rain.  We pretty much just bought a heap of fresh fruit and vegetables and then headed back to scrap.
it is amazing what a little sleep with do... Came up with a title,  added some more scalloped pattern paper on the right had side of the page and the layout was finished...
 My last layout of the retreat was this one...
Finished the journalling in pencil, just need to ink it in now that i am home. 
I actually finished it just as we had to go for lunch on the Sunday.  Whilst the journalling is all done in pencil,  I still have to go over it with one of my marker pens and it will be complete.
I was very happy with the amount of work that I got done
The views around us....
Even though we had an extra half day this year, the time still went way too quickly.... Just seems like we have arrived and it is time to pack up.  So happy with the amount of work I got done,  just have to finish off a lot of the journaling now... Considering that I was not nearly prepared for Scrap camp this year as the week before we had massive family health issues and i didn't have time to plan.... I am over the moon...that I actually managed to get quite a few layouts done....

Just have to wait another whole year before the next one now...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP