Thursday, December 4, 2014

LOTS OF THERMIE GOODNESS THIS WEEK....

Our new thermomix has been working overtime this week...
It is a week today since it came to join and family and it has definitely made a huge difference in our lives....
I have gone from having a husband who has never enjoyed cooking, to a husband who is cooking every day.  I LOVE IT.....
I am enjoying it whilst it lasts.
This week we have enjoyed making
Vegetable Stock Paste
Lemon Custard
Lemon Butter
Spaghetti Bolognaise
Pasta
Butter
American Pancakes
Beef Stronganoff
Lychee, Lime and Mint Sorbet
Pull Apart Herb bread
Mango Sorbet
Custard
Banana Bread
Herb Butter
Lemon and Chia Muffins
 Just to name a few....

Loving the quickness and simplicity of cooking now....
Love how you don't have to stay with it whilst it cooks....
Love that there is no stirring..
Love that it mills sugar and nuts, which means you can make your own flours and sugars eg. caster and icing sugar...
Love how it self cleans
Love how it is several appliances in one...
Love how I can use fresh produce from the garden in all our cooking now...

Freshly picked from the Garden
 The very first thing we made in the Thermomix was Vegetable Stock Paste.  The consultant that delivered it spent a couple of hours with us showing it how it all works and then stepping us through making the Vegetable stock paste.  It was great walking out around the garden and picking these vegetables to use in the paste....

On Monday I raced home from work and made this....
Home made butter and banana bread
 I had a few really ripe bananas.  Normally I would just throw them out of put them in the chook scraps....
Not this week, they were made into this lovely banana bread.  I am still working on tweeking the recipes though.  It said to bake it for 60 minutes but by 40 minutes it was starting to burn.  Need to make notes in the recipe book.
Steve decided to make some fresh butter to have on the banana bread.  Will definately be making our own butter in future.  Very quick and simple to do and so much cheaper...
Tonight I decided to have a go at making these....
Lemon & Chia Muffins with glaced lemon icing.. .
 These were supposed to be Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins but I didn't have any poppy seeds so decided to substitute the Poppy seeds with Chia Seeds.   A few little tweeks to happen here also...
Am going to take some to work tomorrow for morning tea....

We have been on a few lunch dates lately....
This is our favourite when we go out...
Turkey, Cranberry, Bree and Spinach on Turkish Bread....
 Totally delicious....
We are a little addicted to it...

Not sure if I have shared these....
I did them a month or so ago....
I made them as thank you cards for the Presenters who presented our our PD day back in October...
I do like to keep a copy of cards I make...
Just in case I need a little inspiration down the track...
Thank You cards.... Loved working with these bright colours...
Crazy busy at work at the moment...
Counting down the days until holidays....
8 sleeps to go....

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP