Saturday, January 3, 2015

REMEMBERING MY MUM'S BIRTHDAY...

It has been a bit of a tough day today..
It would have been my beautiful Mum's birthday if she had still been with us...
It is days like this that make her passing that bit more painful....
We have always been  on holidays for Mum's birthday and more times than not we have been around for her birthday...
It was always a day of celebration with as many family members as possible around...

One of Mum's Birthdays that we shared with her....
Celebrating Mum's Birthday with her....
I knew it would also be a difficult day for my dad so we decided to drive up to the Sunshine Coast to go out and celebrate Mum's birthday even though she may not be with us.
We remembered her and how much she wouold have loved that we were all together for her special day.

My Dad had a beautiful bunch of red roses on the dining table in honor of Mum and her birthday..
He had also individually wrapped a beautiful red rose each for Sarah, Chloe and I.
Flowers bought specially for Mum's birthday...

Dad fills the house with Mum's special flowers..
The flowers sit under the photo of her on the wall...
 I had let Dad know in advance that we were coming up to spend some time with him on Mum's Birthday.  Something I know he really appreciated....
It is a hard day for him, as with Mum gone he also missed the family being around....
I wanted to be with him for her birthday...
It is good for us to share the memories of our wonderful Mum and his wife whom he adored and still does....

Bless our beautiful Dad, but not only did he have roses for Mum, but he had done up a rose each for Sarah, Chloe and I.  I love the thought he puts into doing this little gift for us.  It is not just picked, but he wraps in in well towel paper, and wraps it in alfoil and then puts a nice ribbon around it.  This is so that we can get it home...
There were also chocolates for us....
Roses wrapped beautifully for us with our chocolates...
A beautiful red rose for each of us in loving memory of my much loved and adored Mum
Dad had got all dressed up to come out for dinner with us also.  He said that he hoped we didn't mind but it is what he would have done if Mum were here and he was taking her out....

Thank you Dad for the opportunity to celebrate Mum's birthday and to remember and share the beautiful memories of the woman we all adored. 
We love you Mum and not a day goes by that we don't miss you something terrible.
Someone once said to us that it gets easier....
I am not sure that I agree...
I miss your laugh, your sparkling eyes, you compassion, your gratitude, and your total love and support of us all.  I miss coming home to you.  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP