Saturday, February 21, 2015

CYCLONE MARCIA IS HEADING STRAIGHT FOR US.

What an eerie sort of day it has been..
We woke up this morning to no wind at all and within an hour it had started howling..
Now it is ferocious, and now Cyclone Marica is heading straight for us.

Who ever thought that in the space of 24 hours, Cyclone Maria would go from a Category 1 to a Category 5, the strongest storm rating there is....

On it's way towards us...
The path of Cyclone Maria when we woke up this morning...
 Yeppoon is coping the absolute brunt of it as I type,  They have wind speeds up to 285kms an hour on the coast at the moment....  We have just a little over an hour until it passes over us,,,

It is scary enough here at the moment,  the trees are swaying and snapping and the rain is heavy.. There are trees snapping and breaking....

I keep hearing sounds like thunder, but I know it isn't thunder since this is a cyclone and not a storm..
It can only been trees falling or missiles flying around...
The rain was just pelting down...

Heavy heavy rain

Lost part of our gutting already

Flowing off the roof as if you had turned a tap on. 

Palms were swaying and bending and we ended up with lots of their leaves in our garden.
Stripped bare



Not an experience that I ever want to live through again.  I must admit though, I did feel very safe in our home.. I took mattresses and pillows out to our second bathroom,, but we spent most of the time sitting in our lounge room watching the storm through our back door....

I could not believe the devastation afterwards through... Trees down everywhere....
I really do feel very blesssed.  I believe that God had his protective hand over us.  It could have been so much worse...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP