Monday, March 9, 2015

INTERNATIONAL WOMAN'S DAY...

International Women's Day is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. In places like China, Afganistan, Russia, Vietnam and Bulgaria, International Women's Day is a national holiday. Ironically, in many of the countries that celebrate IWD as a holiday, women are terribly undervalued and mistreated. In our very own neighbourhoods, women are living in unsafe circumstances. Disesteemed and 'worthless.'
  
This day that we celebrate, made me think about the value of women. In a woman's lifetime she will take on many roles. Mother, Sister, Friend, employee etc. But the one role in which she should be most valued, before she is identified as anything else, is as a daughter. As she enters the world, she deserves to be loved for who she is. She should be secure that her life will be valued. She should grow to know her worth. Sadly, many women, for many reasons, will never grow to know their worth.

I love this quote by Lisa Bevere:

"Daughter. A daughter is her father’s joy and her mother’s treasure because she quickens the heart. An heiress, she was hoped for and is the hope for the future. As the potential carer and bearer of life, she is human wealth. Her invention was God’s all together-lovely crown of creation. The one who completes. Daughters are the feminine form, which embodies love, beauty, hope, tenderness. A daughter is smiles, hugs, laughter; she is a female seeker of truth who asks many questions longing to know who she is. She is a friend and a comfort in the latter years. A daughter is like a priceless pearl."

Today I want to acknowledge some wonderful young woman in my life..
Today I am thinking of six beautiful woman, woman I love and woman I am extremely proud off.
 I want to acknowledge these beautiful girls..  I want them to know that they are valued, that they are priceless, their worth is beyond measure and they were destined for greatness....
These woman are very precious to me,  they are loved unconditionally and I am so proud to have them as part of my life....
 To my two very wonderful, very precious daughters, Sarah and Chloe,
So Blessed to be their Mum - what incredible young woman, these girls are...
   I feel so blessed to be your Mum.  My you always know how precious and valued you are, how incredibly proud I am of you both and that you will hold my heart in your hands for all of my life. 
My gorgeous grand daughter  Willow,  may you grow up to know how precious and valued you are, may you grow into a beautiful woman of God like your Mumma, and may you know your worth.
Pete's beautiful girlfriend Maria,
You are so easy to love Maria.... Thank you for being such an incredible woman...
 I am so glad that you are in our lives,  I love that you love our son, and that you are a strong and confident, caring young woman. 

and my two  gorgeous adopted daughters, Daina and Danielle.... 
We thank God daily for bringing you into our lives Daina... we are so incredibly proud of you. 
You have blessed our family Danielle - what a wonderful kind and thoughtful woman you are...
 so blessed to have you as part of our extended family,  you have blessed us beyond measure,  you both have such kind and pure hearts, and you both are beautiful wonderful caring young woman...


I hope, as you  all read this, that  you know your worth. That you are alesteemed and valued. As well you should.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP