Sunday, February 14, 2016

CELEBRATING VALENTINE'S DAY

Not a lot of celebrating going on here today....
In fact we made a conscious decision not to buy flowers this year.....
The cost of them this weekend is astronomical, and we are in for a heat wave this week, which means that they wouldn't have lasted more than a few days anyway....

Secondly....
I am spoilt....
My husband buys me flowers often throughout the year....
I know I am loved...
Didn't stop us having a celebratory breakfast together this morning....
It also didn't stop me decorating the house a little for Valentine's Day....

Thirdly...
He did send me these cute text messages ...

Unexpected little message from my man....
A couple of hours later I get another message from him....
Kind of cute...
Also makes me feel special....

Message No. 2
 I spent time yesterday putting away the Christmas decorations and getting our Valentine hearts out...
This morning I cooked him a special breakfast....
It looked a little like this....
Special breakfast...
Steve's Valentine's Day breakfast...
His Valentine's Day Chocolates....

 The candles came out....
Special love heart candles....
candles to burn tonight...

This little heart of mine.....
Our little tree was decorated to reflect the celebrations.....
Hearts and fairy lights

close ups...
Even the fireplace received a face lift.....
Must admit I really enjoyed it myself also....
Breakfast fit for a King....

celebrating also....
eggs done to perfection....
Happy Valentine's Day
 Meanwhile the girls also had a special Valentine's day breakfast with their girlfriends....
They went to way more trouble than I did....
Little gifts for each other....
special treats.....
all on a platter....
Chloe and Caity setting the table....
Champagne breakfast....
Enjoy.....
 I know when I left yesterday Chloe was also preparing special treats for her favourite man today also...
They were heading out on a picnic....
Yet to see photos of their time together....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP