Friday, April 8, 2022

OUR YEARLY VISIT TO TANNUM SANDS...

 Our annual trip to Tannum Sands is a lot different this year.  Initially we had booked to stay for 12 days, but then when we booked to go visit Pete and Maria after Easter, we decided that we really didn't need to be there over Easter when the park was filled with people. 

When we booked our trip overseas, we were told that we needed to test negative to Covid before hoping on the plane, so to minimize our risk of catching Covid, we decided that we would isolate for the 10 days before traveling, there for canceling out stay over Easter.

Normally at Easter time, Sarah, Colin and the children join us, so that means we bring a whole lot more gear to cater for them, eg, the annex, extra beds and bunk beds, extra camping chairs, a dining tarp area and cooking stations and relazing lounges... so much more gear...

This year, they decided not to make the big trip, for a couple of reasons, firstly the fact that school recommences the day after Easter Monday which would make it a very rushed start to the new term, secondly, we weren't going to be there for Easter and thirdly it is nice for them as a family to occasionally have their own family holiday time..

We found it really strange packing for Easter this year, constantly feeling like we had forgotten to pack gear as we were travelling so lightly.  Just our normal gear when we tour, no extras, not even our Baby Q Webber.

We were also a lot later getting away than we had planned as due to us having Covid 3 weeks ago, we had to cancel a lot of our appointments we had made for that week.  One of those appointments was a dentist appointment and the only time our dentist couple see us before we head overseas was Thursday morning.  As we didn't want to wait another six months to see the dentist, we decided to leave a little later so that we could fit in that appointment...

Also I have been really struggling with my back this past week, and was in so much pain, that I also decided to try and see if my chiropractor could fit me in for an adjustment.  We are so blessed with our medical providers in town, and I don't know how we will go trying to replace them when we move south..

My chiropractor was amazing and squeezed me into his busy morning.  In the end it was almost 3pm before we finally headed out of Rocky.  I was also a little nervous as I had to tow the big boat down.  I haven't done a huge amount of towing and it has only ever been towing our smaller boat so I was a little nervous....

I needn't have been as the car towed the boat well and it was a pretty good trip down.  We arrived at the Caravan Park just after 4.30pm.  Thankfully it didn't take us too long to set up this year..

We're here.... setting up time..
Having a break whilst I wait to help Steve with the awning.

As I had only had my back adjusted in the morning, my chiropractor asked me to take things pretty easy for 24-36hours until my back had a chance to heal a little and until it allowed the inflammation to  ease, so I wasn't able to do some of my usual set up jobs like popping the roof.  I was able to up pack inside and at least get the furniture out of the van and set up outside.

I hadn't bought a lot of groceries down, as we knew there was a good Coles and Woolies at Tannum Sands, so once we had set up the caravan, he headed into Tannum to pick up some fresh salad items and bread so that we could have dinner.  I had cooked a quiche for dinner the previous evening, so still had half of it left.  I figured that we could grab some salad and it would be an easy dinner once we had set up...

With the shopping completed we headed back to our van to have dinner and snuggle down for the night

Set up in our van for the night...
There is no TV reception at Tannum at the moment, so once we had finished our dinner, Steve got out the TV and set up our Apple TV.  If we watch any this week, it will be Netflix movies.  It's been quite a while since we have had some spare time to just sit chill out and watch a good movie.  We also know that if we want to watch any, it needed to be in the next couple of nights before our friends arrive.

All set up ready for our week at the beach

Out comes my bunting...
It's a good thing that I strung out my bunting, as it enabled my second cousin and his wife to find us when they surprised us with a visit this morning...  They had seen on facebook that we were at Tannum for the week, so made a surprise visit this morning.  It is probably a good ten years since we have caught up with them so it really was great to see them, and we have now arranged to have dinner with them tomorrow night.  

Today we plan to head out in the boat and sink a few crab pots.  Here's hoping for a good feed of crabs this week..

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP