Friday, June 29, 2012

A Very Special Moment Today.

Today has been one of those very emotional days.  A day filled with much joy but for me also tinged with a bit of sadness.  Joy because this morning I got to witness the miracle of life inside my daughter's belly, I shed tears, tears of joy, but also some tears of sadness as I realized my own Mum would not be here to share this joy with both Sarah and myself. 

I fell so blessed that I was able to share these special moments with Sarah.  Sarah had her first scan this morning.  Colin went with her but couldn't stay for the whole appointment as he had a special training day at work today.  They were able to share this special moment together, but then when he left, I was able to be there when all the measurements were taken. 

Introducing Baby Moore



How fearfully and wonderfully made we are.  
Tiny little hands

and perfect little fingers

and perfect little feet and toes.
 I am in awe... this perfect little foot measures about 3cms.  We watched as they measured the baby's heart, and brain, spine, fingers, hands, feet, spine, and the bones in it's arms and legs.   Technology is amazing, and all the while this was happening,  I shed happy tears.  It took my breath away. 

These are the photos of my precious grandchild.  I can hardly wait until November to meet him/her in person and get to know this precious soul.  Seeing this scan with Sarah today reminds me of the verses in Psalm 139 and I marvel and am in awe of a God who knows and knew this precious soul long before they were entrusted to Sarah and Colin. 


PSALM 139:13-18

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand —
    when I awake, I am still with you.

Today I am overwhelmed with gratefulness and thankfulness.

1.  for this new life growing within Sarah
2.  the gift of parenting
3.  family
4.  An awesome God who knew us before we were even formed.
5.  the joys of grand parenting and the promise of it yet to come.
6.  My mother's love and the role model she was in my own life.

7.  My wonderful kids. 
8. I am overwhelmed  today by the goodness of God. 
9. God's provision to us.. have seen that this week, when you are in need and someone meets that need without even knowing what an absolute answer to prayer they have been. 
10. Creation. 

4 comments:

Melanie H June 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM  

Technology has come a long way and it is amazing what we can see with ultrasounds now.

I took mum with me for one of Lillee's and she said it was amazing too.

Can't wait to meet your grandbaby in November.

lusi June 29, 2012 at 6:09 PM  

How very exciting for you all Karen! I'm so thrilled for Sarah and Colin and yet feel the sadness in your heart with your precious mum not being here to share in it all. How incredible is our God though who knits us all together? How amazing are His deeds!
Love to you guys,
Lus

Lara June 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM  

What an exciting time for you all!

Anonymous July 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM  

Mum your precious. I am really happy that you are looking forward to being grandparents. We love you heaps and i too am glad that you were able to sit in on part of the ultrasound also. Love you and you will be an amazing grandmother.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP