Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'VE BEEN BUSY

I've been busy playing with papers and scissors again... Some of Sarah's girlfriends are organising a baby shower for her in about six weeks time, and I have been asked to make the invitations for the Baby Shower.  I was given a far amount of creative freedom to design and make them,  all Sarah requested was that they were cartoon characters, as the Baby Shower was going to take the form of a High Tea, so she wanted something a little classy.

Just before the last school holidays I had a Stampin Up Party and one of the things I scored was this lovely little owl punch, so I was determined to incorporate some owls into my invitations. 

This has been me this past week.

Making the invitation folders
Close up of a work in progress
Blue and Pink since we don't know what she is having.
How many more do I have to make??????
In my element, 
I think I have almost 50 of them to make.  A little at a stand still since I have bought the town out of toggle eyes, and will have to wait until I get some more posted to me.  
The folder contains three pieces of paper, the first being the actual invitation, than a card entitled "Wise words for Sarah" and then a little slip of paper explaining what we want people to do, and if they can't make it to the Baby shower to at least post me their "Wise Words for Sarah" so that I can put them all together in a little booklet to present to her at her Baby Shower.
A pile of completed folders 
Close up of them both
Competed invitation with invites in the folder. 
 I must admit,  I am quite happy with the way they have turned out.  Sure hope that Sarah is too.  They will be going out in the post in the next few weeks. 

Now I have not been sleeping too well lately,  we get woken in the early hows of the morning and this is pretty much the reason why.


 This tree is planted just outside our bedroom window and at the moment it is loaded with flowers.  The birds are in their drinking it's sweet nector at the crack of dawn, and they drive us insane with their constant chirping.   In saying that though,  I just love this tree and how it is absolutely loaded with flower at the moment. 

Close up of these beauitful native plants. 
Well I am sitting in the lounge and can hardly keep my eyes open so think I will have any early night and hit the sack.  We have a few busy days ahead of us.  The weekend starts tomorrow but we are off for a few days get away.  So looking forward to a weekend with my man, even if we are visiting family,  

Also getting excited, now only 4 more sleeps until our big boy arrives home on Australian shores.  At the moment he is enjoying his last few days away in New York City.  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP