Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Get Real Baby


The gorgeous Lusi Austin has challenged her readers to share the "real" bits and pieces" of our everyday lives, not just the gloss and shine but the everyday real things - the bad as well as the good. You can check out her blog here for more information. I have decided to take up the challenge - and share not only the good but also the not so good of my very real life. I have Lusi's "Get Real" button on my side bar. I am hoping that you will take up the challenge too but, if you do don't forget to pop over to Lusi's blog and let her know. I also have to credit the lovely Kerryn for her "Get Real" title. I thought it was pretty eye catching.
Really, my dishes were still in the sink this morning from dinner last night.

Really, I have spent too much time on this computer this afternoon.

Really, we are having take away for dinner tonight because I am just too tired to be bothered cooking.

Really, I need to give my bathroom a clean tonight because it didn't get done on the weekend.

Really, I should go to bed a lot earlier so that I can get up early in the morning and exercise when I feel fresher.

Really, I need to do more Mum and Daughter things with Chloe whilst she still wants me too, rather than trying to catch up with jobs that will still need to be done again tomorrow.

Really, I feel very sad, and found it very hard letting go of my job at USQ. It was more than a job - it was almost like working with family.
As slack as I can be a lot of the time, there are so many things that I am thankful and grateful for, and these are some of the things on my THANKFUL AND GRATEFUL LIST today.

1. For a roof over our heads, food on the table, and clothes on our backs - there are so many in our country at present who have lost everything.

2. For a loving daughter who is picking up the slack at home helping out in so many ways.

3. Coming home to a tidy house today.

4. For Rawleigh's Ointment and Cough mixture - allowing me to have a good nights sleep

5. For the excitement of the little kids at school today when we made catterpillar heads with potting mix and lawn seed.

6. For the wonderful rain we have had all day today.

7. For a tidy bench spaces in our office
8. Thankful for 15 great years working for the Uni and for all the friendships formed along the way.

8 comments:

lusi February 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

Thanks for being so real Karen - you are such a beautiful woman of God. I love that you also wrote about things that you are thankful for too :)
Hey sorry to read about your job mate. I know the Lord will provide something else :)
Sending all my love to you from one heart who longs to be real to another!
Lus x

Chris Millar February 11, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

So sorry to hear about your job Karen. I hope another new and wonderful door will open for you! Loved your 'Get Real' things! My list would sound so similar!!

Neek February 11, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

sorry to hear about your job! And thanks for sharing your "Real" life. :) :)

Jane February 11, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

so sorry to hear about your job Karen :(, I enjoyed reading your "get real" list, mine would be oh, so similar. Hope the week improves for you.

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Thanks for sharing your real moments Karen - I totally get where you are coming from in some of them!

Sorry to hear about your job :(

Maz xx

Renee February 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Thankyou for sharing your get real list Karen. I wish you all the best, and I hope your week brings you lots of love and opportunity.

Katie February 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

Loved reading your get real post Karen! I'll be joining in on this too!

Melanie H February 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

I had to giggle at your list, I too have last night's tea dishes on the sink ready for me to wash today.

Im having a semi cleaning day as Lillee is at school today. lol

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP