Sunday, February 1, 2009

I scrapbooked a layout

I know it is about time, but I spent last night scrapbooking this layout. Chloe's dress is just gorgeous but I am having all sorts of trouble matching papers and embellishments to it. It is a really copper bronze colour and I think this is part of the reason I haven't been motivated to scrapbook. I am one of those anal people who likes to do thinks in order - so therefore I need to scrapbook all her formal photos before I can move on to the Scrap of Faith Retreat photos, Chloe's Validictory Photos, Christmas, our holidays and the pile is just getting higher.

Sorry about the lousy photo - the light was very poor today and I mustn't have taken it straight on as it is rather lopsided. Still it is a layout and if any of you out there can give me some ideas of papers to match the bronze colour in Chloe's dress I would much appreciate it.
I am still going strong with my photo a day, I am actually enjoying doing this. I am also playing around with Photoshop and trying different effects on my photos. Some I like, some I am not too keen on but it is fun and I am learning heaps. We have been able to access some tutorials and they have been fantasic - so easy to follow. Mind you I need to watch them several times before it all sinks in.

"Lips" (the X-Box version of Singstar) is hugely popular in this house at the moment. We have a constant stream of kids coming through the house and it is getting a fair workover. I am sure the neighbours must be starting to get a little sick of hearing some of the songs. Some more shots of these keen singstars.
My two neices are really funny to watch. They are hugely competitive- they were still going strong at 1.30am the other morning. I struggle - it is hard to read the words, the pitch line and the actions all at the same time.

Well it is bed time for me - I am fighting another cold - sore throat, runny nose, blocked ears, and I can't afford to take a day off so I need some early nights to look after myself.

8 comments:

Rowena February 2, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

beautiful LO :) love the beading on it! She is so grown up!!

Mum of Two February 2, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

I think what you have done with the layout is gorgeous. Don't change it!

Gayle February 2, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Great to see you scrapping again..I can't believe you have to do everything in order! No way!
Hope you are feeling better soon Karen.

Unknown February 2, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Hope your feeling better ASAP!! We have 3 with colds at the moment and I am taking my cold combat tablets in hope I don't get it too!
LOVE the page!! Gorgeous in every way!

Carol February 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Your layout is gorgeous. It suits the beautiful photos.

Edleen February 3, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

hi Karen, how are you feeling today? better i hope :)

love that layout as it is :)

have a lovely week and enjoy February!

Miss H February 4, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

I love the colour choices already Karen!!

Hope you feel better soon

Melanie H February 13, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

That layout is stunning Karen, I too struggle with matching up colours with photos but you did wonderfully.

Im thinking if you could get a bronze-y colours Glimmer Mist and make your own papers too. lol

I hope you are all feeling better soon, Peters come down with the sore throat/no voice bug.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP