Sunday, August 16, 2009

Perfect Day for a Picnic in the Park

What a great day for a Picnic - the weather has been perfect here today. Almost as if Spring is here early. We had a great service at church this morning, One of the things spoken about was forgiveness and the following quote by Corrie ten Boom really touched something deep within me.

"I KNOW THAT THE WILL CAN FUNCTION REGARDLESS OF THE TEMPERATURE OF THE HEART"
Most of us would never in a life time experience some of the things that this woman experienced, and yet she was still able to forgive those who had committed such crimes against her. There is a real freedom in forgiving others. To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner is really you.

After church we joined these wonderful folk for a picnic in the park. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air.
It has been a busy weekend. I scrapbooked with the girls yesterday and have a couple of layouts to share once I get around to photographing them.

Finally Chloe had to see the Optomerist this week. She got accidently poked in the eye a couple of weeks ago, and is stil having problems with her eye healing. She cannot wear contacts ar the moment which I might add she is finding difficult. Whilst we were there we decided to have her eyes tested and look at getting her some new glasses. This is where she needs help from you guys. These are the two lots of frames she has short listed, now which ones do you think she should get. Let us a comment so that she which you think looks better on her.
These ones are navy with a light blue trim
These are brown with a black trim. Both look kind of cute on her she is just not sure which way to go. Well it is very late so I need to crawl into bed.
Things I am thankful for this week.
1. Great time of fellowship at church today.
2. Beautiful weather and beautiful parks.
3. Spending time with the Rayners and Gartons.
4.Nice hot cup of tea with my man
5. Washing all done and folded, ready for the ironing lady to arrive in the morning.
6. Nana naps on a Sunday Afternoon.
7. Even though we didn't deserve it - God paid a price for us and we have forgiveness because of the death of his Son.

7 comments:

miss~nance August 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

t been that long since I have visited your blog - love your new lok.

I like the blue glasses on Chloe.

Picnic looked like fun.

Hugs & Blessings
Gail

Beverley August 17, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

I love the new blog look too ... that header is fantastic! We've had a few beautiful days here too ... not quite warm enough for a picnic in the park but certainly enough to be encouraged that blue skies, sunshine and warmer weather is on it's way. My vote is for the blue glasses too.

Carol August 17, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Looks like you guys also enjoyed the wonderful weather outside. Lucky us it is meant to stay all week.

Thanks for sharing all the quotes and inspirations. I know when I visit your blog I have something to think.

I think both glasses look great on Chloe but have a preference for blue and she suits blue.

Katie August 17, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

The weather has been so nice nice lately I'm glad to hear you made the most of it at the park!

As for Chloe's glasses I like the blue ones also.

Melanie H August 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

I agree with the girls, Chloe looks beautiful in the Navy Blue pair.

Sounds like a beautiful day for a picnic Karen. The photos are beautiful.

Edleen August 20, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

ahh...what nice picnic photos! looks like it was such a really fun day :)

hope you're well Karen.
have a great week!

Gayle September 1, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

If you want to get music back on your blog (cause playlist died) go to www.mixpod.com its great!
Check out my blogs to see my cool ipod :)
Gayle

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP