Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One Happy Chookie tonight.

After a somewhat difficult year - and feeling just constantly weary, I received some welcomed news today. As of next week, I will be having a three day weekend for the rest of the year. Such a nice way to start the week. I am so looking forward to it. Might help me to be able to get on top of things, also allow me to do some running around. Still can't beleive my luck. However, it will mean that the rest of the week will be long days.

Have also managed to do some scrapbooking this week. It has been a while - still have lots more to do to catch up. Once I get started I really enjoy it - but the mess is horrendous. We have our monthly get together this weekend again, so I need to do some planning so that I can get some more done. Sorry the photos aren't the best - it was a little late in the afternoon when I photographed the layouts.
Can't say this last layout is totally original. I saw a layout with these flowers made of crepe paper. I had tissue paper at home and thought I would try making some and trying them on a layout.

Still have lots of medical things going on - We've all been for along for medicals over the last couple of weeks and Steve managed to get a day off work to get wired up - he lost his brother from a heart attach when he was in his early forties so it is just a routine thing for him now. All things look fine.
Not so good news with Chloe - appartently her break is not healing - the tendon is pulling the bones apart. The doctors want to wait another couple of weeks before deciding to operate to see if it will stablize and start to heal. She has been feeling a little despondent. When they look at her foot again, it will almost be 5 and a half weeks since she has broken it - if they decide to operate, it will then be another 8 weeks before she will be able to give up her crutches. Not good with summer fast approaching.

My grateful list this week:

1. Three day weekends coming up.
2. For mobile phones that keep you connected.
3. Encouraging letters and surprises in the mail.
4. For really cool emails that make you smile.
5. Latham-isms
6. The inner peace that comes from the Holy Spirit.
7. God's patience and grace with me.
8. Time out to read a good book.
9. Friendship and fellowship.
10. Being spoilt by my wonderful husband.

6 comments:

Gayle October 14, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

ooooh..you have been scrapping! What are those script yellow alphas?
Will pray for Chloe that God heals her leg properly and that her spirits are lifted..can't be nice for her.
Thats great news about your long weekends!..try and relax a bit :)

Katie October 14, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Hey that's awesome news about your long weekends...enjoy!

Glad you've managed to find some time to scrap too! I especially love your LO with the tissue-paper flowers...what a great technique!

Praying that Chloe's break mends soon...it can't be fun being on crutches!

Jasmine October 15, 2009 at 6:00 AM  

Wow Karen - gorgeous layouts as usual! I especially love those tissue paper flowers - I'll be making some of those for sure :)

Great to hear about your 3 day weekends - I hope that gives you a chance to rest & catch up with life.

I replied to your post on my blog - but not sure if you've seen it. So I'll answer here too :) I just resize my photos in PSE to whatever size I want them to be (and also at 72dpi and "save for web"). Then I upload them to photobucket. I start a new blog post and in the blogger photo upload screen I add the photobucket "direct link" to the url box for each photo. Hope that makes sense. I also changed the format of my blog to "minima stretchy" so the post column is wide enough for larger photos.

Jas xx

Anonymous October 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

HI Mum

Thats so exciting about your long weekends. You definetly deserve them. I do like the LO you have done.
I hope you have a great weekend. I love you very much.

ooh by the way, your leg looked really bad. Its so bruised.

Love Sarah

Kathy Jones October 17, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

Your scrap pages look wonderful - isn't it nice to get the time to do something you love! Congrats about the long week-ends and I'm sorry about Chloe's break, I hope she mends soon!

Carol October 18, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Long weekends sound great!
I hope Chloe starts healing soon, the poor thing must be so uncomfortable.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP