Saturday, October 17, 2009

Terrible Bushfires

You know you read and hear about the horrible bushfires that Victoria went through earlier this year but you never really comprehend or understand quite the severity of them or what those living through them went through. Today parts of our city have been under a state of emergency as people have been evaculated form their homes as the fires move closer and closer to the city. Homes have been destroyed, and the whole town in covered in a thick cloud of smoke with ash falling everywhere. There has been an eerie feeling about the town and a just a churning in the gut. These are not my photos but they did capture just how close the fires have come to our beautiful city.
I would ask that you pray for all those fighting the fires in Rocky - they have been working around the clock now for almost two weeks - pray for those that have lost their homes and also pray for rain - we desperately need some to put these fires out. Everything is SO DRY here - we have not really had any rain here since Febraury this year. Never have fires come this close to the city before.

8 comments:

Chris Millar October 18, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Hi Karen, Those photos are so scary. I hope that they can get it all under control.
Thanks also for your lovely comment and thoughtfullness on my blog post.
Hugs!

Jasmine October 18, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

I will keep your town in my prayers for sure. My uncle is in charge of a rural fire brigade in country Victoria - he and my cousins (who all volunteer) were out fighting the fires earlier this year - so I know first hand how taxing the work is that they do. I'll be praying for minimal property damage & that no lives are lost up where you are.
I hope it's under contol really soon - it really is frightening to be so close to it.
Jas xx

Katie October 18, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Wow those fires are so close...I had no idea it was that bad! Hope they manage to get them under control soon. Praying that the weather will improve so that the fires stop spreading and can be controlled to prevent more damage to property and houses.

miss~nance October 18, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Praying for your city Karen.

Gail

Carol October 18, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

From what I have heard on the news it hasn't gotten any better today. My thoughts and prayers are with all families near fires.

Edleen October 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Karen, read about this in the news and i truly pray this would end quickly.

hope you and family are well and Take Care!

Anthea October 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

hey Karen, those fires dont look good, we had bad fires around here years ago, very scary stuff, if I could I would send you all the rain we have been getting!!

The paper you were asking about is Cosmo Cricket, both the yellow and red spotted paper is cosmo, I know Basic Grey have one too in the June Bug line, its a deeper red. HTH.

Chrissy October 20, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Have been praying for all up north Karen, stay safe love....

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP