Tuesday, July 30, 2013

WE FAREWELLED A WONDERFUL WOMAN TODAY...

It's been a tough week,   today we say farewell to a wonderful lady....
My very good friend Jannett lost her Mum last Friday....
Jannett and her sister Christine sat by her side for six long days whilst she lay in a coma....
it was a very tough week....
My heart went out to Jannett..
Brings back lots of memories of our journey with my Mum a year ago.
It is going to be a tough time for Jannett.
For the last few years now, so has gone up to the home to sit with and feed her Mum almost on a daily basis.
I am sure she is going to feel a little lost for some time...

This message was posted on Facebook this morning by her lovely grand daughter Kym..

Today we say goodbye the most elegant, poised, sophisticated and loving person I have ever known. I will miss the blanket of love, affection and safety you always protected us with and will continue to throughout our entire lives. Your natural grace and decency in all situations is the example I have lived my life by and will continue to do so for the rest of my years. You are a truly beautiful person who has had such a profound impact on the people we have become we can never recover from the hole you leave in our lives. I am honestly relieved your fight is over Grandma, and that you can rest easy and peacefully with Grandad until we meet you again. I feel the time we were allowed to borrow you from heaven was a gift. The light you brought to all of our lives will be sorely missed. Please give Grandad a hug for us; I know we are all truly proud to be your grandchildren.

I couldn't have said it better myself....
This photo of June was taken on her 83rd birthday,  only 6 weeks before her death.  Her grand daughter Kym was married to Doug Robertson on her birthday. 

Kym with her Grandmother June on her wedding day.
The last family photo taken with Jannett and her Mum and her family.  Both Carl and Lana are back in Canada.  At least the kids were all home and got to spend time with her Grandmother.  Carl only returned back to Canada, the week his grandmother passed away.  How precious is the time we spend with loved ones.....
Lovely family photo taken with Jannett's Mum only 6 weeks before she passed away. 
 I know you were a wonderful woman June Shaw,   Your love, your values, your guidance is all very evident in the lives of those you loved the most, your daughters and grandchildren.
You will be greatly missed. 


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP