Monday, November 25, 2013

A LOVELY BIRTHDAY

What a lovely day I have had today....
I was awakened this morning with this arriving on my bed.....

Flowers from the garden on my breakfast tray.
Chloe got early and cooked breakfast for us all...
Of course I had to have it in bed, whilst opening my presents...
I got spoilt there also...
Steve bought me this...
My new handbag...
Lovely big pocket in the front of the bag to hold my keys..
 I love it.... Love the bright yellow.... Now just to buy a new outfit to wear with it.... Something with yellow in it....
Steve also made one of these for me....
My new herb garden
Lots of fresh Basil
 We eat a huge amount of fresh herbs here, and I am afraid my little pot plants of herbs cannot keep up to the demand of us chopping them off, so we bought this rather large tray to grow more in. 
Chloe bought me this....
 New hairdryer....
 Such a much appreciated gift, especially since my old one blew up last week...
Even managed to christen it this morning....
 I got to work and there were gifts there for me also.   The girl I work with bought me a gorgeous Family ornament to hang in our home.... So nice, will photograph it when I bring it home and insert it here...
I also got chocolates, and another small gift from my secret friend... as well as lots of birthday wishes and hugs from everyone...
Mid morning I came back from class to find this on my desk...
Lovey bouquet from Chloe
 What a total surprise, certainly one I didn't expect...  I had already been spoilt by her this morning..Feeling so loved and special...
Than at lunch time, my lovely husband arrived to have lunch with me bringing these...
Huge bouquet of red flowers -  just because I am LOVED...
 They were gorgeous... the bunch was huge and I had trouble finding a vase or jug to put them in....
I have decided to keep them at school this week so that I can enjoy and appreciate them...
At home, they won't last in a locked up hot house all day, but in the air conditioning at work, hopefully I will be able to enjoy them all week.
My office looks like a florist shop....  I figure I am spending more time at work this week than at home so I might as well enjoy there here....
My desk at work
Enjoying the beauty whilst I work.
I took a few photos of the flowers,  they are just gorgeous and the colours are so vibrant...
Love the beautiful colours.
Love these bright blue flowers in Chloe's bouquet....
Looking down on top of them.
Love being surrounded by flowers...

 I had to get some close ups of the flowers that Steve sent also...

They were all predominantly red.
 Steve told me he wanted them all red, because red symbolizes his love for me.  What a lovely romantic gesture.  Feeling very loved and very blessed. 
Full of all different sorts of blooms.
 Then this afternoon when I got home,  I got more lovely calls from friends...
We were going to go out for dinner and then a movie tonight but the movie.  But I already felt that I had been spoilt rotten.  Steve had bought prawns yesterday when we went shopping, so I convinced him that if he cooked me this meal I would be over the moon...
Steve's famous curried prawns.
 It was amazing... He excelled himself,  the most scrumptious meal.  Not to be outdone, Chloe prepared this amazing entree for us....
Oysters Kilpatrick..
 She did a great job, so we had a seafood feast for dinner tonight.... They didn't last long,  it didn't take long for the plate to look like this....
They didn't last long....
 We finished the night off with a movie at home enjoying a feed of these... (Also a birthday present)
Birthday treats..
Cleaned these up with our cups of tea this evening...
 Also want to say a very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our son's gorgeous girlfriend Maria, who also shares the same birthday with me... I wish you were here to share the day with me...
Hope it is not too cold on the other side of the world.... hope you have a very special day also.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP