Monday, November 18, 2013

SCRAPBOOKING BREAK UP FOR 2013

This year our scrapbooking breakup was a little different....
We didn't go with the Christmas theme this year...
We didn't give gifts to each other...
We held it at the Cancer Council Education rooms, and decided that we would make it a fund raiser for Cancer.....
We decided to all wear blue as November is  blue for Men's cancers...
It was a great day.... we charged $10 entrance which included a subway lunch and a drumstick icecream, and the left over money went towards the fund raising... We sold cold water and softdrinks  to raise money also...

Our scrap group
At the Cancer Council at Allenstown

 Of course we had to take a few different photos so that everyone was in a photo... Sue took the other two photos, so I had to take a photo with her in it so that everyone was represented. 
Sue is in this photo....
 One of the things we did as a fund raiser was hold a silent auction....
This is a first for us.  We were totally blown away by the generosity of our girls.   Most of them bought more than one gift to auction and then spent quite a bit of money buying stuff  back.  Our Silent Auction made almost $500.  And that was from only 20 women....
Noeline checking out some of the items for auction....
 Our total money raised all up was over $620 dollars.  Ann, Lesley and I were totally totally blown away by everyone's cooperation and generosity.
Ann, I and Lesley

 Our day started at 9am and we finished at 9pm.  It was a full 12 hours....   Everyone brought  a place to share for morning and afternoon tea... We supplied lunch and then it was up to everyone to provide their own dinner....  Everyone enjoyed the day,  so much so that they have already asked us to book the venue and lets do it all over again next year...

 It was a pretty productive day,  everyone kept busy....
Everyone at work.
Some of the girls were scrapbooking holiday shots, some were trying to get family albums up to date... There were lots of us just making cards....,  I really wanted to get some scrapbooking done, but I ran out of time to get photos printed, so I just restocked up my card stash... I surprised myself by making 42 cards.  All small ones, and all sets, but that would be the most productive I have ever been at a scrap day...
 A couple of the girls, sell scrapbooking products so they set up a little stall so that if we ran out of supplies, they were able to sell to us....
Janet and her Mum share this hobby together...
 I had a ball catching up with my old work mates... We all used to work together, and when I first started scrapbooking, they all laughed at me and told me that they didn't have time to play with paper like that... Now we all do it, it helps to keep us in contact with each other... None of us have the time to scrapbook like we used to, but we always make sure we keep at least the retreat in May and the big day in November free so that we can have the time together...
Jannett and Robyn -  my old work mates...
 We shared a lot of laughter together,   we shared great food together... most of us brought healthy stuff this year, although we still had our fair share of yummy foods...
Healthy afternoon tea...
 My planning partners in crime...
Lesley, Ann and I working on our projects....
 I was very happy with what I achieved on this day...
Samples of my work for the day....
 We manged to get some group shots again too...
Beautiful bunch of very generous women.
Our scrapgroup... All in Blue
I look forward to playing with these girls again next year.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP