Tuesday, December 31, 2013

THE END OF ANOTHER YEAR.......THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ONE....

At the end of 2012,  I remember posting this blog post.
Among other things, this was some of my goals for 2013....

I want to look back within the next twelve months to use this as a measure to see how far I have come in making some much needed changes in my life for this next year....

I don't want to constantly feel sadness in my life in 2013
I want to find the joy in life again...
I want to focus on those things I am grateful for.
I want to focus on all the blessings in my life
I want to focus on God's goodness to me...
And most I all I want to work on my health this year...
I want to get fitter....
Feel better,,,,
I want to appreciate life around me...
Family
and Friends...


OK tonight as 2013 draws to a close, I am relooking at some of these much needed changes I wanted to make in my life and measure how far I have come.....

I don't want to constantly feel sadness in my life in 2013
I haven't felt constant sadness this year.... I did at the start of the year... The devastating floods in Bundaberg really affected me.  I grew up in North Bundaberg and to watch the devastation really tore at my heart....  I went and got some help, some counselling and it really helped... It helped put a lot of the sadness into perspective and I must admit, this year has been a good year, full of much joy,  I wouldn't say always happy, but joy and a peace deep within.  There has been lots of happy moments too and I have learnt to focus of them and appreciate all the good and wonderful things in my life... so I would have to say that this year hasn't been a year of constant sadness...


I want to find the joy in life again...
I have found joy in my life again this year.... I have been content within my circumstances...
Yes would I still like to move closer to my Dad and my grand daughter.. Yes I would, but I know that it is not possible at this point in my life and I have been able to feel a peace and joy about that and life in general this year....

 I want to focus on those things I am grateful for.
I have made a point of being grateful for the everyday stuff on a daily basis this year.... This was one of the things I have really worked on.... I think I have always been a glass half full person,  it just got waylaid during the previous year because of all the loss and grief in our lives from the loss of so many people close to us whom we love....
This year I have tried to be grateful and acknowledge all the little everything things,  like fresh flowers on my dining room table, cold refreshing drinking water,  blue skies and sunny days, sunsets,  feeding the ducks,  green grass and rainbows.  It is amazing the things you can be grateful for when you just look around...  I do feel very grateful for all that we are blessed with each and every day.... 

I want to focus on all the blessings in my life
I am grateful and thankful on a daily basis for the blessings in my life.  I have felt very blessed this year... I have a loving husband, three wonderful kids, a wonderful caring son-in-law, a gorgeous grand daughter,  great jobs,  wonderful family heritage, a loving dad, great sisters,  awesome nieces and nephews.  I would say that I am blessed beyond measure....

I want to focus on God's goodness to me...
Without a shadow of a doubt, I am thankful for a Loving God who sent his only son to provide a way for me to enter into God's presence.  He is intimately interested in every detail of my life and the one thing I have really learnt in the last year is that we live in an uncertain world, but we serve a Saviour who's unchanging.  We may face hard times, but the Lord, the baby in the manger, is our solid Rock.  We don't know what the future holds, but we're sure Jesus has us in His hands.    That has been a huge comfort to me this year...

 And most I all I want to work on my health this year...
I still have some way to go with this... but I have been working on it.  I have had tests, changed my diet, lost 25kgs ( half way there) and generally feel a lot better.  Still need to increase my fitness level, and keep focused where the weight loss is concerned...

I want to get fitter....
Still working on this one too, although I have been doing a lot more exercise this year,  a lot more walking, but I need to get back to the gym, and I need to be more consistent with my stretches, so I will continue to work on this for 2014 also. 

 Feel better....
I do feel better this year,  I feel healthier, fitter and feel like getting out and about more... I am looking forward to really working on this in 2014.

 I want to appreciate life around me...
I do appreaciate life around me,  we have been making a conscious effort to get out and do things more this year, get away for a weekend, go for works in the bush, go to the beach, watch sunsets, but we definately need to step this in in 2014.

Family
and Friends...

I have to say,  I am so thankful for my amazing family,  and I have been able to spend a lot more time with family members this year... We were incredibly blessed to have Sarah move home with our grand daughter for three months whilst her husband was overseas....

In 2014 though I need to focus more on spending time with friends, and taking care of our friendships.  

All in all, 2013 has been a good year,  I feel great that a lot of the goals I set myself for this year are well on the way to being met....  

What are my target goals for 2014 
They need to be goals I can measure and not too many that they overwhelm me...
For 2014 I want to

  • Continue working on my health:  loose at least 30kgs this year.
  • Continue on my fitness - get back into the habit of doing exercise at least four days a week, and stretches at least five days a week.   
  •  Be organised at home.... meals, and housework wise....
  • Spend more time connecting with friends and entertaining...
  • Skyping with my grand daughter and son weekly.
  • Spend more quality time with my husband building our relationship
  • Continue to grow my relationship with the Lord
  • Live a life of joy and Peace
  • Live a thankful life. 
  • Spend more time with both sets of parents... 
It will be good to come back and measure these again in twelve months time.
 
And above all I want to wish all our dear friends and family a very Happy New Year...
May you all experience God's peace and joy in your lifes....
May you all enjoy family and friends....
My you experience good health and happiness...
God Bless....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP