Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A DAY TRIP BACK TO BRISSIE....

Each time we come down to the coast, we like to try and fit in a day trip to Brisbane with Dad....
His only sister and surviving sibling lives in Brisbane, and neither of them now do a lot of driving...mainly just around the area in which they live, so we like to give them the opportunity to catch up and spend a little time together when ever we are around.  I also know that my cousins will often bring their Mum and Norm up to visit Dad also if they are heading to the coast....

We also like to fit in a visit with our chiropractor in Brissie, and she was on an overseas holiday until last Monday...
We kind of have a pattern now,  we catch up for lunch with other good friends of ours from Bundy, and then end the day at Sarah's.
Yesterday we visited Joan and Norm first for a lovely Morning Tea.
I love going to my Aunty Joan's place.  She has always been my favourite Aunt... She reminds me very much of my own Mum... Always happy,  she has had an extremely tough life, but she never ever has complained... She lost her first husband when she was in her early 30th, when her baby was only 7 months old.   She raised my 7 great cousins, single handedly, and then  when they were all off her hands, (26 years later) she met Norm and married him... He is also a very lovely man, and it is so nice to see her so happy....

When ever we go to visit, she always makes us feel so special.  She does all this amazing baking for us for morning tea, and the table is always beautifully set with fresh flowers like this....

Lovely flowers and home baking....

 I wanted to get some photos of Dad and his only surviving sibling... I try to do this most years...
but this year, I decided to get a photo of all of us together....
Norm, Joan, Dad and I
Norm and Joan with Dad
Brother and Sister....
After we left Norm and Joans, Steve and I headed to our medical appointment.... We were there for just over an hour, and then we caught up with these dear friends of ours for lunch....
Bek, Lucy and Grace
A better photo of them all...

I have known Bek since she was 2, she is just about to celebrate her 40th Birthday.... Starting to make me feel very old....  Her Mum Bev and I have always been good friends, so it was so nice to catch up with them both...
Bek, myself and Bev
Bek, Lucy and I
Lunch together....
We left these guys around 2pm, and headed over to Carindale Shopping Centre to have a coffee, and I always wanted to pay another visit to one of my favourite jewellery stores there.... Adorn.... love their stuff especially so when it is on sale, which it is at the moment...  I splurged out and bought myself some new necklaces and some ear rings...

After we left there, we headed to Bunnings to collect the last few bits and pieces that we needed to finish a few jobs at Sarah's place before we delivered the rest of her couch....

We arrived somewhere around 4pm....
She loved her new couch, and we spent time, sitting and sleeping on it....
Enjoying the new outdoor living area....
Colin with his girls...
 I was exhausted,  I have had some very late nights sewing to get it all finished to bring down to Sarah...  I decided to try out the bed part and it didn't take me long to nod off. 
Having an afternoon nap
 Of course I have to show you a photo of the finished product...
Sarah and Colin's new outdoor living area...
 Have taken lots of photos of the project along the way, so will do a post of from start to finish.  It will probably happen tomorrow if I am not too tired.  We had a big day out tomorrow.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP