Monday, February 17, 2014

TEACHING DAINA TO SEW

Chloe's friend Daina came to live with us for five weeks...
We needed to keep her busy..
She was a huge help to me, as she came to work with me each day as a volunteer.
She made a very busy start to the year manageable for us all
I wanted to help her make something to brighten up her room when she went back to where she will be living for the next six to seven months...

She has never sewn before, so we went shopping so that she could pick out some fabric so that we could make some bunting and heart garlands to decorate her room..
She did an amazing job, considering she had never touched a sewing machine before...
Love what she came up with....
Our first project was the bunting..
Daina cut them all out,  I ironed them, and she machine sewed them...
 She loved making these...

Holding up her bunting
Her bunting
She plans tp use this to drape over her windows...
Then we wanted to male something to string above her bed...
This is what we came up with....
Heart Garland
It looked beautiful.  We alternated between lovely oink roses and yellow gingham bows;
The best part was that it really matched her lovely hadn made bedspread...
Think she was pretty pleased with herself...

I need to do more of this for me.
I love bening creative....
Just wish I had more time for it. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP