Monday, February 24, 2014

FUN DISPLAYS

I love my work in the Library...
I love doing displays and having our space look good....
I love too that I work with a Librarian who comes up with some great ideas for me to work displays around...
February is "Library Lover's Month", so we decided to celebrate it by getting our students involved.
We decided to have a competition, and get the students to write about a book they love, or why they love our Library, and we would put it up on a wall called "Wall of Book Love" for everyone to see, and then at the end of the month we would choose some winners from the different year levels...
Here is my display....

Library Lover's Month 2014
 We displayed some great books to read, and I wrapped them with twill ribbon with little heart gift tags on,  promoting that good books are a gift to ourselves....

Then I set up this display so that we could put all the students work up....
Our "Wall of Book Love"
 The exciting thing for us was that the Local Paper reads school newsletters and read about our "Wall of Book Love" and wanted to do an article for the paper on it...
We were just a tad excited.... especially me, since the "Wall of Book Love" was my idea...
Here is the article they did on reading from our Display idea...
Half of the article
 Couldn't really show the photo that appeared in the paper because it had a photo of one of our students in it,  but you can still see a little part of our display even in these two cuttings....

the other half of the article...

 Now I have to start planning our next display...
This is definately one aspect of my job I love....

1 comments:

Chrissy February 26, 2014 at 10:41 PM  

Loving it Karen!! It looks so beautiful. xx

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP