Monday, September 1, 2014

WELCOME TO SPRING.....

I love this time of year....
Still not stinking hot,  but beautiful weather, and the trees are all about to flower....

Welcome to Spring....
It has been a crazy busy weekend.
Four social events in one day....
We had a girls breakfast at home on Saturday morning...
It was nice to set the table up using my nice china....
Set for a girls breakfast
Five for Breakfast....
 I didn't do a big cooked breakfast...
We had a fresh fruit platter,
Savoury croissants
French Toast with maple syrup, strawberries and yoghurt.
Pear and Raspberry Break with Yoghurt....
and last of all, we had freshly squeezed orange juice from the oranges grown in our garden....
Nice to feel special
 I am very blessed to have a husband who likes to indulge me with fresh flowers...
I personally love having flowers in the house... I love getting spoilt by receiving them...
Once again I got to use the special little vases I made for out of old sauce bottles with pretty laced glued around them....
Pretty flowers graced the table
My bone English china teaset
Roses, Carnations and baby's breath
 My pear and raspberry bread tasted really lovely, especially served with a little vanilla yoghurt.
I was a little worred about this as it once the first time I had made it.....
I saw the recipe in the latest "Better Homes and Garden" magazine.  They even supplied the cake tin to cook it in.... It was so nice, I am going to share the recipe...  I want to make sure that I have a copy of this recipe on record anyway...
Pear and Raspberry Bread.
 The bread has four whole pears cooked in it with the cake batter all around it... it creates a lovely rustic look and gives you even more fruit to bite into...

Pear and Raspberry Bread
Melted butter to grease
80g of unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup of castor sugar
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 & 1/2 cups of Self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries
4 small (about 125g each) pears
Icing sugar mixture to dust
Vanilla Yoghurt to serve (optional)

1.   Preheat Oven to 180degrees C.  Grease bar tin with butter, thenline, base and sides with baking paper allowing 3cms to extend about the rim of the tin.  
Put butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl and beat using an electric hand mixer until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and beat to combine.  Shift over flour and cinnamon.  Add milk and raspberries and gently stir batter with a metal spoon until just combined...

2.  Spread 1/2 the batter into the prepared tin, peel pears and then using an apple corer, remove cores from base leaving stem intact.  Trim base of pears so that all pears are about the same height and sit flat.  Arrange pears closely together along length of tin.  Spoon remaining batter around pears and bake for 50 minutes or until well cooked when tested with a skewer...

3.  Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  Dust with icing mixture and serve with yoghurt. 
Half eaten Pear and Raspberry Bread.
I have photos to share from the 21st Birthday Party too.  coming up....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP