Sunday, March 29, 2015

AN AFTERNOON IN THE KITCHEN....

I am really enjoying using my Thermomix...
It seemed expensive at the time, but I find that I am using it several times a day and it really cuts preparation time in half when preparing meals...

Tonight we were invited out to a Tables of 8 evening....
These are always a lot of fun, and everyone that goes contributes to the meal on one way or another...

I was asked to bring a desert and also a casserole type meal...
I also decided to make fresh dinner rolls for dinner as well...

I decided to try out a new desert this evening.  One of my favourite chocolates is Ferrero Rocher Chocolates so when I saw a mini cheesecake recipe for just that, I knew that this was what I wanted to make...

I altered the recipe slightly in that instead of decorating the top with a ferrero rocher chocolate,  I put on some fresh cream, a raspberry, and some sprinkled toasted hazelnuts.  I also made a fresh raw raspberry coulis to go with it and it was divine..
Definitely a recipe I would use again....
In fact,  a couple of the girls asked for the recipe so I figure it was popular.  It would make an awesome dinner party desert...

Mini hazelnut cheesecakes....
Totally decadent desert....
Overdose of chocolate....
 Think I might have to put the recipe here so that I don't loose it...
I doubled the recipe to get a dozen mini cheese cakes...
Base:
125 g of Arnott's Marie biscuits.
40g softened butter

Cheesecake
250g cream cheese - at room temperate.
200g Nutella - at room temperate.
6 pieces Ferrero Rocher chocolate - coarsely chopped plus extra for topping...
30g icing sugar - shifted..

Crumb biscuits and 1 Ferrero Rocher until fine, add butter and mix well and then add a generous teaspoon of Nutella.  Mix well until all incorporated... Press crumbs into tin and freeze...

Whisk cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth then add in the remaining Nutella and the chopped Ferrero Rocher chocolates to the mixture and continue whisking until well-combined.

Divided mixture into food tins and chill overnight.
Serve straight from the fridge...

Note:  I divided the crumbs, about 1 heaped desert spoon into several tins and liners.  If you want a thicker crust, add 1 and a half desert spoons.

This is the photo from the recipe, and also the photo that caught my eye...
Love the way mine has turned out better...
I also served it with this

Raw Raspberry Coulis:
Ingredients:
125g frozen raspberries
30 g honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice...

Preparation
1.   Place all ingredients into the TM Bowl.  Mix 3 minutes, speed 2 on reverse cycle,
Turn out and serve frozen or thawed...

This just added a really nice flavour to the very rich and decadent cheesecake.
Will definitely serve this again...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP