Monday, May 11, 2015

MOTHER'S DAY 2015

These days, Mother's Day is a day of mixed emotions for me...
I love to celebrate this day with my beautiful family,  I am so blessed by the love they shower on me and it really does make me feel very special....

On the other hand,  I miss the fact that I cannot express to my own Mum, just how special a woman she has been to me, and it is one of the days each year that I desperately miss her...

Mum and I
Mum, if you were here with us today,  I would want you to know just how much you are loved, and how blessed we were to have you as our Mum.... You were more than a Mum to us, you were also a friend, an advisor, an encourager, a motivator, and our lives were all the more richer for us having you as a mum.  Words can never express our gratitude or love... It is your heart that filled our love tank,  it is your wisdom and guidance and nurture that has made us who we are today.  It is your belief in us that has enabled us to be the kind of parents we have become...  You never judged us,  you loved us unconditionally.  You were a wonderful example of a Godly woman to us and showed us how we could rely on God to meet everyone of our needs...    You loved us unconditionally, you had a wonderful sense of humor and taught us how to laugh at ourselves also. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss you... God certainly knew what he was doing when he gave us to you. 
I will be eternally grateful to God for his gift of you to us.  I LOVE YOU MUM....

I did have a lovely Mother's day, made special by the fact that each of the kids made me feel very special and loved...

Chloe spent the day with us.  We attended Church together in the morning and then headed to the beach for lunch all together...
I was spoilt with flowers and a gift voucher for a pedicure, massage and manicure... A special treat (so am now looking forward to the next girlie day to enjoy this with my girls.)

Some of my Mother's Day flowers..
After lunch we went for a drive to Emu Park. so that I could share the new Anzac Memorial walk with both Steve and Chloe....
Chloe and I together for Mother's Day
With the one that I love....
Crazy photo....
 We enjoyed a lovely walk out along the boardwalk down to the lookout below the Singing Ship.  Lots of other people had the same idea as us....
Singing Ship in the backround...
Steve and Chloe....
 I do feel as a family we are very blessed...I love the relationship we have with our kids now...
 Love the photos of these pair interacting on our walk around the beachfront....
Love the beach too...
There is something about this place that just seems to give you a real sense of peace and purpose...
It has a calming effect, and seems to soothe the soul.  I love to come down here and listen to the waves roll in and look out on the vast span of blue water that reaches out to touch the sky....  I could come here every weekend and still not get sick of the beauty that surrounds me....
 I could sit and admire this sort of landscape every day... Such beauty and so close to home...
This was one of the reasons I wanted to go down here to the coast... I wanted to share the hew memorial walk with Chloe and Steve...
Anzac Memorial at Emu Park...
 We finished the day with a lovely dinner cooked by Chloe at her place and then came home to a lovely chat to Pete and Maria on Skype...

Sarah also celebrated her third Mother's Day this year and wrote a very heartfelt letter to not only me but also to her beautiful daughter...
Just want to keep them here, as they are beautiful and I want to always remember.....
Willow and I
I don’t think I understood how lucky I was to have a mum like you until I grew up. As a child I assumed everyone’s mother was like mine and that everyone felt safe, felt loved and understood how limitless the possibilities of life are. It wasn’t until I got older that I realised I was one of the lucky ones.

Throughout my entire life you have been a relentless source of support, there for the trivial and the agony. Everything from my struggles with my schooling as a kid, to falling in love for the first time. As an adult, my confidence and self-belief stems from the quiet assurance that your love follows me throughout my life. 


I love that you are a mum to many. I remember that many of my friends felt safe and loved when they stepped into our home. You love others unconditionally and have a the ability to look past their past and love them as God sees them. God shines so brightly through you and your love and compassion for others is what shines the brightest.

I can never thank you enough for the sacrifices and time you invested into us kids. I love you so very much. I hope that I grow into half the women, mother, friend and wife you are. I am so proud to be your daughter. Happy Mother's Day!


Thank you Sweetheart.... I feel so honored and blessed to be your Mum, and I must say you three wonderful children inspire and encourage me daily... 

This is her message to Willow...



It was 5am mid-November when we met each other for the first time. You were beautiful, all blue eyes and squishy. All in one moment, all my hopes, joys and desires were unlocked. My heart belonged to you.
My beautiful Willow, you make me want to become stronger, kinder, wiser so I can show you what it looks like when life is done well. You make me want to conquer time itself, so that I could rewind and relive all your sweet milestones, or fast forward so I don’t have to wait one more minute to see who you become. I want to stop and stare and marvel and savor every moment as long oas you’re in it.
I think about all the things I want to show you and teach you and tell you about. In no particular order: Ice cream. Bubbles. Swinging on a swing set. I will teach you how to surf, or the little I do know but will also get you real lessons if you want them.
But mostly my biggest job is to care for your heart, and prepare you for this world that can be exhilarating and terrifying and wonderful and shattering. There is no way I can anticipate every situation or protect you from every hurt or fear. The best thing I can do for you is work hard to make real to you how dearly you are loved and treasured. Not just by me and your daddy, but by God, who knit you together so lovingly and made you just right. I will never get over this blessing. I will never stop marveling at the fortune that you, dear sweet willow, are my little girl. I would have waited forever for you.


Willow you are so blessed to have such a wonderful Mummy too.  She will always have your back,  she will love you with every breathe she takes... Blessed beyond measure is what you are....

And finally a lovely message for our baby....


You are the best parents I could ever ask for, so loving and kind. You have sooooo much love to give, not just to us kids but to everyone you meet. you inspire me everyday and you help me through so much stuff. i have the best parents in the world. I love you times infinity and it will never end. thank you so much for helping me raise money and throwing a great party I love you xoxoxo

Why wouldn't I feel blessed... I am so thankful to God every day for the wonderful blessings in my life..... A heart content and full of love tonight....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP