Monday, June 8, 2015

ENJOYING A FEW DAYS AT HOME....

It's been a nice few days at home,  enjoying the company of my girls and grand daughter.  Sarah came for a visit with Willow,  and I have been on Moppy duties all weekend so that Sarah could have a break.   I am sure she did, she slept over at her sister's place a couple of nights whilst Willow enjoyed some very special Moppy and Poppy time...We loved it....

With everyone home it was a great chance for me to do some baking,  Both Willow and I spent most of Saturday in the kitchen baking.  We made Banana Break, some focosai Bread, made bun rolls, cooked pumpkin soup. made a roast lamb dish for dinner and then decided to make a rather decadent dish for desert.... It tasted fantasic so will save recipe here so that I can come back and make it again...

Mini Chocolate Fondants
laces with fresh raspberries and cream
Full of oozy chocolate in the middle...
It was really nice being able to cook for everyone.... These are not something I would do for just the two of us...  I think it was even nicer to be able to stay at home and just cook to my heart's content....

Recipe is as follow...

THERMOMIX CHOCOLATE FONDANTS
  • 100g 70% chocolate... (I used Lindt's brand)
  • 100g butter
  • 50g raw sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 75g plain flour
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180degrees C.
  2. Lightly coat ramekins with butter then cocoa powder and set aside ( i had run out of cocoa powder so used Milo instead)
  3. Melt the chocolate and butter in the Thermomix for 4 minutes/40C/Speed 2.  Set aside and clean and dry mixing bowl.
  4. Add the raw sugar and mill for 10sec/Speed 9.  Scrape down sides of the bowl.
  5. Insert the Butterfly.
  6. Add the eggs and egg yolks and beat for 3Min/37degrees C/Speed 4.
  7. After beating the eggs and sugar, keeping the Butterfly in, turn the Speed to 2 and slowly add the melted chocolate back into the mixing bowl through the lid.
  8. Once the chocolate is incorporated, keep beating and slowly weight in the plain flour.
  9. Mix until just incorporated
  10. Pour into prepared dishes and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
  11. Serve straight away
 Special Notes to remember::
Need to double this mixture to make six...
Also served with fresh Raspberries (or blueberries) whipped cream or ice cream..
Next time I make it,  I will also make an iced Raspberry coulis to serve with it...  this will help to break down the richness of the chocolate...  I also found that you didn't need to cook them for any more than 8 minutes....

Enjoying these on my dining room table this week also....
Red Roses and White Chrysanthemums

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP