Sunday, June 21, 2015

TIME TO SMELL THE FLOWERS.....

It has been nice to have a couple of quite weekends for a change even if one was enforced because of the flu.  Last weekend,  I pretty much spent rugged up in bed, and although I managed to get back to work this week, by the end of the week I was pretty exhausted.  Yesterday I was so shattered that I had a two hour sleep in the morning just a couple of hours after I got up and then I lay down on the lounge around 5pm yesterday and slept for another couple of hours until Steve came home and woke me up.  I really didn't think I would get to sleep at all last night,   but I didn't have too much trouble falling back to sleep again.  Even today I still feel a little tired although not as much as yesterday... Thank goodness the holidays are only a week away.... Bring them on.

This weekend has been a weekend of pottering around the house and the garden getting some of those little niggly jobs done.... we haven't had to rush off here or there and so have had time to enjoy some of the beauty around...

This weekend I have been so grateful for my sight and sense of smell.  Grateful that unlike animals we see everything in vibrant colour...
This week I have been enjoying these....



 Just feeling very thankful and appreciative of all the blessings in my life this week...
I know our last week at work is going to be a bittersweet week this final week before the holidays...

Our much loved Principal is retiring this week.  She has been a wonderful leader of our school,  full of empathy and compassion to both, staff, parents and students.  She has always been very approachable and her door has always to open to any of us.  She never fails to acknowledge us around the school and has always encouraged each and every one of us to do and give of our best.  It hasn't been a hard thing to do with her as our leader.

I remember sitting in her office four years ago when she told me that this would be her last school and that she planned to retire at the end of June in 2015.  Back then it seems as if that was forever away, and now the time has come.  She will be a very hard act to follow...  This week we have a few special events planned to acknowledge her and thank her for her dedication to us all...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP