Thursday, August 27, 2015

BOOK WEEK..

It has been a crazy busy week at work.  It is Book Week this week, and we had our book parade yesterday.  It was amazing...the kids really love this day and really go to town with their costumes.  I so wish that I could post some of the wonderful creations they have come up with...

The theme for Book Week this year was "Books Light Up Our World".  Our Librarian thought it would be good if we all came as Book Fairies.  I am just not the fairy sort of person,  but I did manage to make a book costume out of book pages and my wings declared that I was "The Wrong Book Fairy"

The Wrong Book Fairy
 I was still trying to come up with a costume the night before....
Good old Pinterest... always something there to give you an idea...
a few old books, a stapler, a glue gun,  a bit of calico and an old hard covered book.  It is amazing what you can come up with...
My Fairy wings...
"Books Light Up Our World" Tiara
The Book Fairies...
The Book Fairies rock...
 Even our Principal came in costume.  She came as Willy Wonka, and handed out Golden tickets to students who came in amazing costumes...
It is always an exciting week, and whilst having to think about a costume and get it ready is sometimes painful.  I actually love the day and love seeing the children get so involved in reading books and getting dressed up....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP