Sunday, December 13, 2015

MASSIVE STORM SWEEPS OVER THE CITY...

This time last week we had a massive storm...
It came up quickly..
At 3.30pm when I came back from Bus duty,  the sun was out....
I got stuck into my work, without paying too much attention to what was going on outside...

At about 3.55pm  I thought I heard a bit of thunder.....
All of sudden I heard a couple of really loud bangs and thought it was time to pack up and head home...

It blew in from no where - did it's damage and then it was gone again...
By the time I looked out the window it was black.....
By the time I got to the front door of the Library,  the wind was howling and the rain was pouring down...
Black skies....
There was no way I was going to be able to leave in that weather....
In fact the rain caught the top of my umbrella and tore it to shreds...
There was even a lot of hail...
Just some photos of our massive storm...
Very dark skies....
Coming in towards Gracemere.....
Pretty spectacular....
 The winds were pretty strong....
Cyclonic strength and actually blew roofs off some houses in town....
What a mess
Big clean up again...

Quite a lot of branches down.... Lots of clean up work to do....
 This guy even managed to capture a photo of this tree as the lightning struck it....
The tree caught alight...
Pretty spectacular...

 And along with the high winds and heavy rain, came the hail...
And there was plenty of this also,  I am pretty sure that the North side of Rockhampton was hit way worse than the south side....
Hail covered our lawns...
Feels like winter here in the middle of summer..
Hail, hail and more hail...
With this storm though came a lovely cool breeze. 
 I love our summer storms,  they come and go and usually they drop the temperatures by quite a few degrees...

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP