Friday, May 11, 2018

BEEF WEEK....

 Beef Week this week.  It is held in Rocky every three years...

First Beef Week I have missed this year....


Most of our students at school went, and I would normally accompany them, but this year I remained at school.  I have had a lot of trouble with my knee since our big trip away, so I was thankful that I would not be on my feet all day...

However,  our CBD was done up for the week, and they had set up and Urban paddock where they held fashion parades and out door eating...  
We decided to  have a bit of a date afternoon and go for a wander down town and check it out... 

  Got to get some photos of us also... Selfies..


 There wasn't a real lot happening whilst we were there.  Maybe we were there too early as we were there just on dusk, but it was a nice time in the evening and we ended up going for a walk along our beautiful river bank.  There were quite a few cows along there also to celebrate Beef Week, so of course I had to photograph some of them....
Checking out the bulls along the riverbank..
Love the butterflies in it's ears
Big beefy kiss
 There were more as we wandered down along the river bank...


 The Riverside Precinct is a lovely place to spend time in Rocky now and we find outselves being drawn to it often.  You have the heritage buildings along Quay Street mixed with the lovely now riverside...  It is so good to see so many people down there these days enjoying it...
We saw a fitness group down there this afternoon working out together..
Our lovely old Customs House
The lovely water features
Check out my man...
By the time we headed back to the car to head home, it was dark and the lights of the city were on....
The CBD is really coming alive..
It was  so nice to have a bit of time to appreciate and enjoy the beauty around us in our own home town... I have really missed this sort of time since arriving home.  It is so easy to get back into the rut and routine of work and not take the time out to appreciate the simple and lovely things in life...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP