Friday, December 3, 2021

Whilst Steve stayed home with the tradies, I started each morning off with a swim with my good friend Barb.  We are both trying to get fit, so we would meet and do at least a kilometre or two swim each morning at the pool where Barb lives..

It's a great pool, 20metres length, so has enough length for us to comfortably swim laps and feel like we were actually having a good swim. 

The pool we do our laps in at TIDE in Maroochydore..

Barb and I..
Then I would head home and get my sewing machine out.  My girls were having a candle pop up stall in a couple of weekends time and wanted me to sew some hair scrunchies for them to sell.  They were advised to have a few items to sell that weren't too expensive so they thought along with the peg aprons I had already made for them, some hair scrunchies would be a very practical thing for people to buy but also not too expensive...

Plenty of material to cut out...
The girls have bought enough material for me to make over 100 scrunchies, so it means a good few days work to get them all done.  My friend Barb came over for the afternoon and whilst I put the elastic through them, she sewed them up...
Cutting them all out...

Initially I cut them all out, but only sewed up 50 on the first day, as I used fabric which only required me to use white cotton, so I wasn't continuously changing my cotton and bobbin.  It was a lot quicker to do it this way...

Sewing the scrunchies...

Once they were sewn, they then needed to be turned inside out and then ironed.  A rather tedious task but to ensure that they looked good, it needed to be done..

I was able to knock them all over in a few days.  The first day saw me cut them all out, the next day, I made the first fifty and once they were completed, I tackled the last 50...

It was so good to have them all finished and ready to deliver when we headed down the following day...

Could resist taking some photos of the lovely roses that adorn my dining room table.  Feeling rather spoilt.  I love how that Steve will often bring flowers home when he goes out to the shops.

My beautiful flowers

Enjoying the natives flowering at the moment also.  Not sure what this plant is, but the flowers are actually stunning.  Wanted to keep a photo of them for future reference...

No tradies visiting tomorrow, so we are off to Brissie for the day.   My good friend Barb is heading down to Brissie with me for the day... My back has been causing me grief, so I have a chiropractor's appointment for first thing in the morning, and then we will do a little birthday shopping with Sarah, and then in the afternoon we are booked to go see the Van Gogh Live Experience at Northshores...

I am really looking forward to this as Vincent Van Gogh is perhaps my all time favourite painter and I really love his works...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP