Sunday, March 20, 2022

FIRST DAY HOME AND WE ARE BUSY..

 We've arrived home and hit the ground running...

 Chloe has been in town this week.  We missed seeing her, especially since we were supposed to have been home and spending time with her.  Fortunately for her, she has her in laws living in town and was able to stay with them when we weren't home.

We have been invited to have dinner with them tonight so that we can catch up with her...

We arrived at breakfast time, and spent the morning unpacking and getting washing done.  I was keen to get back in the pool and get back into my water aerobics.  I have missed this whilst we have been away and once we move, I need to find somewhere on the coast to get involved...

It was great to see the girls again.  I didn't get to do my laps after the class, as just towards the end of our session, there was quite a bit of thunder and lightning around.  It is never good to be in a pool during a storm so we all hopped out...

We figured though, if we all got out, the storm would pass,which is exactly what did happen.  Still it was nice to have a bit of a catch up with my friend Jenny and hear her news as it is a good three months since we have seen each other...

We were to be at Bertucci's by 6.30pm.  Chloe was cooking dinner for us all, so it was home, to have a shower and get ready..

Good thing that we are going out for dinner tonight as we haven't had time to stock the fridge yet... That will have to be a job for tomorrow..

We had a lovely meal, Chloe cooked us a fetticinni which was just delicious.  I think we all ate a little too much.  They were all keen to have a game of  Articulate... It is a family favourite and things can get quite heated at times...

I was wondering how I would survive, as I have only had a couple of hours sleep.  We were in bed by 11pm, but I was up again by 2am when Steve woke to go to the toilet... I thought he was getting up early to head off... I thought I heard him stay he was up ready to leave, but he actually told me he was up to go and have a pee.  Well in my sleep deprived state, "leave" and "pee" sound very alike...

I did try and go back to bed and sleep but I couldn't get back to sleep, especially so when Steve started a light snore.  

Once we started playing the tiredness seemed to go and we actually had a great evening. 

Playing articulate with the Bertucci's


Once again we played in teams, with boys verses girls.  This time the boys won.  They were ecstatic as this doesn't happen often.

So blessed to have joined families with these guys.  Our Chloe is so blessed with such wonderful in laws..

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP