Wednesday, July 4, 2012

STATE OF ORIGIN PARTY TIME

I'm still on the coast with Dad.  One of the things he enjoys is watching a good game of football, so it was a given that we would all be watching this tonight


 
My sister and her family were coming down to watch it with us and Dad had invited one of us friends to join us as well, so I decided that we should go to town and really make a party of it.  We had to go out and do a bit of shopping and I decided to get a few balloons and some streamers to decorate the house. Dad wasn't too sure about the whole decorating thing but was happy enough to let me get a few balloons and some streamers.  We decided to just get pizza's for dinner, so thinking that the pizza shops could be quite busy with lots of people ordering them in, we decided to stop in  on our way home from the shops we stopped in and ordered them so they would be ready to pick them up at 7pm

The decorations are up at home.
We arrived home around 4pm and by the time I had blown up a few balloons he was into the decorating with me.  In fact I think he was quite excited about it all in the end and even went digging through his cupboard to find something maroon to wear.  

Three guesses as to where Dad's loyalties lie.
 He couldn't find any shirts but I had bought my Qld Maroon Scarf down so he was happy enough to wear it for the night.
Indy, Dad and Levi
 Had to take this photo of Dad with his two youngest grandchildren who had come over to watch the game with us too.
Settling in to watch the big game
My brother in law Mal
It was good to have the family over.  I don't get to see my sister too often, so it was good to have a catch up over dinner. 

Mal and Lea picked up the Pizza's on their way down, and it didn't take long for us to demolish them.
Pizza

We are sitting in front of the TV watching the game now and I can barely watch the game as the score presently is 18 Qld to 14 NSW.  

Go the Mighty Queensland Maroons.
Amazing game.  The Mighty Queensland Maroons dominate again winning their 7th series in a row.  What a cliff hanger of a game though, Qld 21 to NSW 20.  We were all on the edge of our seats during the last couple of minutes. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP