Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A FUNERAL AND MORE FLOWERS TODAY.

Steve attended the funeral today...  It was different but in a good way..  hard to explain, but very family orientated, and as was their custom, their only son was shaved today as a mark of respect, and he has now been given to responsibility to lead his family.  A big responsibility for a 20 year old, but this all happened at the funeral.   He spoke of his dad, and the things he had taught him, he shared the last words of wisdom his father had given him, and spoke of the many people that he had helped.  He told how his dad had given freely of his time and skills to help others less fortunate then himself.  He really lived a life of service.  They were a very close knit family, a family of honour.   The funeral was different also because they had a viewing, and how the family greeted those mourning with them before any one even left the chapel.   then the family carried his coffin on their shoulders as they left the chapel.  Another mark of respect....

Today I have struggled for them,  I remember how we felt the day of Mum's funeral and how we were just marking time for it to begin.  I remember the finality of the day, and whilst I rejoiced that Mum was in Heaven with her heavenly father, and I couldn't wish her back,  it also made it so much more final that I had lost someone dear to me,  on this earth I would never see her again.  I thought about what feelings they were all going through today, and wondered whether they were thinking the same thoughts as I did.  I wondered too if they would notice the people around them, and how the world just carries on,  people go about their everyday business without having any idea of how heavy your own heart is,  of just how broken you feel, and how as you walk side by side with strangers down they street, they have no idea.  These thoughts have all gone through my head this week. 

It is almost six months since Mum passed away,  some weeks I feel like I am healing and then out of the blue comes feelings of such loss, and I realise that this sadness and grief is not going to go away any time soon. 

Today we received these...

Beautiful Native flower arrangement.
These arrived from Steve's work today

just letting us know that their thoughts were with us on the loss of Steve's Nanna.  It was so thoughtful of them... they are good like that.... they expect alot, but they are hugely supportive of us as a family.  They were like that earlier this year when we lost my mum too.   The flowers are beautiful, and I guess I probably appreciate them more than Steve, but I love to have fresh flowers in the house.  Took a couple of close ups of a couple of the flowers too. 

Thinking this is a banksia.
I have to say I love our Australian Native flowers... They are so different to flowers found elsewhere in the world. 
Not sure what these ones are, but I would love to hear if you know....
I haven't had much chance to be  terribly creative lately, so it was nice to play with a little bit of paper and cardstock the other night.  I didn't get much done, but I did manage to make these couple of cards.  They are all the same, just different colours.  Love the simplicity of them, and so easy to make. 
 
  
   
We have had some good news in the last couple of days and I can't wait to share it with you.  Hopefully in the next week.  

Today though I have lots to be thankful for...
1.    A loving family
2.    lots of lovely long chats with my beloved over the last few weeks.
3.   instrumental worship music..... soothes my soul.
4.   homegroup at our place.
5.   my son arriving home safely from his overseas jaunt, and getting a clean bill of health now he is home.
6.  our family expanding
7.  people praying for me.
8.  full registration for our PD day within 48 hours of registrations opening.   Totally blown away by this. 
9.  friendship
10.  flowers,and colour and scent and beauty
11. Creation.

2 comments:

Admin September 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM  

Really nice blog. Flowers for Funeral

Anonymous January 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM  

A flower, sometimes known as a bloom or blossom, is the reproductive structure found in flowering plants. The best way to send someone's emotion to other. Thanks for this post.
Florist

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP