Sunday, September 9, 2012

A WELCOME HOME

I've so many things to blog about today..... it has been a full on weekend, but I will leave that till another post. Today I just want to blog about today.... the welcome I got when I arrived home this morning after spending the last three days away. 

I have come home sick again.... thinking it is more a very bad head cold and sinus infection rather than the full dose flu that I had earlier this term, although I have to say that I still feel really miserable, can't breathe, can't talk, and very congested... The thing is I have had so much time off work this year, that I really can't afford to have any more time off. 

I arrived home this morning, and my honey was already waiting for me at the airport.  Normally I wait until I land and then ring home and he comes out.  We are only five minutes from the airport but today he was waiting for me.  It was kind of a weird landing too,  we overran the runway,  touched down twice and then had to take off again and do a complete loop and come back in and approach the landing again.  Don't think that has ever happened to me before...

Anyway when I arrived home, this was waiting for us.... lovely fruit, yoghurt and pancake pizza for breakfast..  Totally delicious and I loved the creativity coming from those at our dining room table. 

Smiley Face
Fruit and Yoghurt Pancake Pizza
Plenty of berries
So pretty
More Berries, Yoghurt Pancake Pizza
So nice after a very early morning start . It was nice to have a family meal together too before our house guest from the past week headed home this afternoon. 
Breakfast together
When the girls were over in Fiji in June, they met the Barnett family, and usually spent some time with them most days playing volleyball or some sort of sport.  The girls and Brenton have kept in touch since they have been home and he arrived a week ago to spend some time with us here in Australia. 
We have had a great time getting to know him, and enjoyed his time with us.  The girls have carted him around everwhere this past week, and there will be more photos to share with you of some of their outings in the next few days.  They certainly have had an adventure or two, and one in particular that they will remember always, but I will share that in another post. 
Anyway we did a bit of a photo share this afternoon before the girls took Brenton to the airport. 
Brenton and Chloe

Brenton, Chloe and Daina
Brenton, Chloe and Daina
Will be back with another photo share from my weekend away in the next day or so. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP