Sunday, August 2, 2009

A New Look

Have been playing around with photoshop again this week and decided it was time to update my blog so made a new header. Now it is a sad thing to say that last time I tried to load a new blogger template I lost my whole blog so I am gratefully indebted to Gayle who has revamped my blog for me and done a fantasic job of it too I might add. Thank you so much Gayle. I would be lost without you.

Have done a little more work on my "Joy Journal" again this week.
Sorry about the poor quality of the photo of this last layout. It was really taken too late in the afternoon.
Last night I also made this card which is getting mailed out to a special lady this week. I am not normally a cardmaker but have enjoyed doing the random few cards recently, It is nice to have a bag of them on hand and they are so easy to make especially when you have a box of scrap papers.

I have been blessed again this week with another beautiful bunch of flowers. My lovely friend Karen bought these in for me last weekend when she came to stay. I love fresh flowers and have felt very loved and spoiled this year because it seems almost every second week I am receiving a beautiful bunch of fresh flowers,
This afternoon I went for a lovely walk along our river bank with a couple of the girls from church. I decided to take my camera with me and ended up shooting photos of these beautiful old buildings which grace the banks of our beautiful if not sometimes very muddy river bank. I guess we drive past them so often that we do tend to take them for granted, but they really are lovely buildings and it was nice to just see them in all their glory today.
Just want to include another couple of random shots. Nothing overly special about them. I just happen to like them.
I have been been thinking a lot lately about Gratitude and being grateful for the many blessings in my life. I think God is trying to teach me something about it as it was part of the sermon at church today and also this week I came accross a blog challenge called "52 Blessings" where this person is blogging each week, about something that she feels blessed by, and I thought what it was such a wonderful idea, that I felt compelled to take up the challenge also.

So for 52 Blessings - Week 1
I want to acknowledge what a huge blessing Steve has been in my life.

It really is hard for me to put into words just how much I really appreciate him. We have been married now for just on 30 years and I wouldn't hestitate to do it all again. He has been my rock this year, hugely supportive in everything I undertake. He supported me by taking time off work to make sure he was at any meeting held at school with the Dept. He supports my scrapbooking hobby, and appreciated the effort that goes into making our house a home. This week, he has gone out of his way to make me feel loved and treasured. He is an amazing teacher and is loved by all his students. One of Steve's greatest gifts is his servant heart. I am so blesssed to be married to him and I am so thankful that God bought us together all those years ago.

Finally some of the things I am thankful for this week.

1. A great service in church this morning. Again it was all about giving God thanks for his many blessings in our lives.
2. The opportunity to stay and have lunch with everyone after the service.
3. Getting the opportunity to work along side of Steve washing cars the last couple of days.
4. A walk along the river bank with friends.
5. Clean sheets on the bed.
6. Yummy Chicken and Corn Soup
7. Sleep ins
8. Snuggling up in front of the fire.

6 comments:

Anthea August 3, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

the blog looks great Karen, I dont normally play with mine for fear of losing it! LOL great LOs and card also, loving the photos too

Rowena August 3, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Nice PS work :) :)

All That Chit Chat August 4, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

Hi Karen! You've got some gorgeous work going on over here. Is that a new blog header? Really cute!

Jane August 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

gorgeous new header for your blog Karen :)

and enjoyed looking at your LO's and all your piccies - looks like you've been busy :)

Jane August 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

Your blog looks fantastic Karen! Just wanted to say thanks for the kind comments you have left on my blog at different times. Much appreciated. God bless!

Melanie H August 10, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Love the new header Karen, well done.

Those buildings are stunning. Its amazing what we see on a daily basis but never really see them.

I love the Gratitude layouts. The photo on the Above the clouds page is stunning.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP