Sunday, November 29, 2009

Such a Busy Busy Week

Why do you start. It has been a hugely busy week and weekend. A warning now - A huge photos share this post and a must listen to Video Clip.
Birthday Celebrations this week and I got spoilt.
Mind you with the Analogue system is ending at the end of the year - we had planned to get a new TV anyway - it just happened to arrive for my birthday.

Yesterday we had our final scrapbooking day for the year - Twenty -three of us scrapped for 12 hours. We had a Christmas theme and had lots of fun - mind you I was exhausted by the time I got home at 10pm last night. I did managed to get quite a bit done considering we also did a lot of chatting, played a few games, shared gifts and ate way too much.

Everyone hard at work
We range in age from 6 to 60

Taken earlier in the day before there was too much mess
Some of us made more mess than others
The day went way too quicklyI managed to complete the following.These were done for this gorgous lady - Alison who is moving to Perth just after Christmas. Most of the girls did a page with their photos on for Alison so that she won't forget us (as if she would)If anyone knows of a group that meets monthly on the west coast she would love to know about it.
I also managed to do these couple of layouts.

This last layout is about my Son In Law and his band. Since these photos were taken the band has a new name "Starlight Theatre". If any band deserves to make it, it is these guys. Check out the video clip below - My son in law wrote the song and it has been used in this video clip. I couldn't be prouder of him. He has amazing talent. You just have to listen to it - you won't be disappointed. I might be just the tiniest bit biased.




Finally I managed to do a few more tags for the Scrap of Faith Hope tins.
This afternoon the girls from church had their "Flourish" break up at the local Choc-o-latte Patisserie. It was a lovely afternoon and we were certainly spoilt by Lyn the owner as she waited on us and served us beautiful cake platters, and cheese platters. I have spent most of my weekend with the girls. So blessed to have so many lovely woman in my life.

For the first time ever, our red frangipani tree blossomed and I just had to take some photos of our first buds.
Once again it is not hard to think of things to be thankful and grateful for this week. I am so blessed, so this week I am thankful for

1. Girlfriends - where would we be without them.
2. Mango and lots of them
3. Good health and a caring doctor
4. to wake up to the sound of rain on my birthday - what a wonderful present.
5. going out for dinner with my family.
6. a wonderful husband who has spent the weekend making mango weiss bars for us to enjoy over the holiday season
7. Sunday afternoon nap
8. that God's plan was always and from all eternity to bring us to Himself.
9. God's unfailing faithfulness and kindness - even when we don't deserve it.
10. For the gym and that it has a pool and that this past week I have been able to swim swim swim.

7 comments:

Melanie H November 30, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Glad you hear you had a wonderful birthday Karen. Lucky you with those gifts.

Your creations are beautiful as always.

Thank you for sharing the song, it is a wonderful song and great film clip. I need to watch New Moon now. lol

Katie November 30, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Looks like you scored some awesome goodies for your birthday Karen! Loving your latest layouts too!

And wow your son-in-law has serious talent - that song is really good!

Kathy Jones November 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Happy Birthday!!!!! Glad you had a great day!!! WOW - what do I say - you've been a busy girl - so many beautiful things to look at!!!

Lastly - WOW!!!! OMGosh I LOVE THAT clip!!!! AWESOME, love the song (and, yeah I'll a little Twilight addicted too!!), it's really, really good - no wonder you are proud of your SIL!!

Jane December 1, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

lots of goodies for your birthday Karen, glad to hear you had a wonderful day :).

Just loving your LO's (as always) the "out for coffee" one is just stunning love the colours :).

Kathy Jones December 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

OK - I checked out the myspace page for Starlight Theatre and liked both the songs there so I thought I'd buy the EP --- but I can't find it anywhere!!!! Any ideas??? Their page just says In Store now, but I can't find a store that stocks it (not even RockingHorse Records).

Edleen December 4, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Congrats to your son in law! great song and indeed, wonderful lyrics :)

and Wow, looks like so much fun having a scrapbooking affair! lovely works you created Karen!

hope you're enjoying December and have a fab weekend :)

Allison winchester December 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Beautiful photos. Just love the flowers...divine and a glimpse and Gods beauty!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP