Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It was a crazy weekend. On Saturday we had an early start, so that we could board this flight.I got to spend the weekend catching up with these beautiful women. I am so blessed to call them my very dear friends.
We arrived in Brissie around 8am and joined our kids for Breakfast before hitting the shops to get a bit of Christmas shopping done.
WE pretty much shopped until we dropped.
Sunday it was more of the same in the morning - more Christmas shopping. We were home just before Lunch. Much to my despair Pete arrived on his new bike. I desperately tried to talk him out of buying this. It's a mother's worse nightmare. He bought it to ride to work and I hate the idea of him riding it in crazy city traffic. Of course his father had to test ride it. The only consulation for me is that it is vibrant red so hopefully it will be easy to see.

In the afternoon while Steve and the kids went and played Paintball, I managed to catch up with a very dear friend of mine and we spent the afternoon wandering around Bulimba enjoying coffee, and venturing into some really lovely little shops and boutiques. They also have a couple of awesome book stores there that we visited too. Just had to take a photo of these. Both my girls consider themselves to be "thong" queens. They are the only footwear they both love wearing, so when I saw this Christmas tree decorated with "thong" fairylights, I just had to snap of photo of it for them.
We bought some cute knick knacks and Chrissie decorations, and cupcake wrappers. Sunday evening we booked into a Motel, as Steve was down there for a work seminar. Really felt like we were on holidays. The kids joined us and we all went out for dinner on Sunday evening. Pete being adventurous decided to try the "Brown Worms" on the menu. Don't think he would get them in a hurry again. They weren't terrible, but they weren't that tasty either.
Monday had a nice leisurely start to the day, with a lovely breakfast delivered to our room. It was nice having some one on one time with my lovely husband, and we enjoyed this little get away together. He left to go to his seminar and then I had another hour or so to relax before my friend Jenni and then my friend Kathy arrived. The girls got to meet each other and we went off and had coffee together. We were still sitting and chatting three hours later.
Kathy had to work Monday afternoon so she left us about 1.30pm, but Jenni stayed until Sarah arrived to take me to the airport. It was so good to spend time with these beautiful girls. I so treasure their friendships. It was so relaxing and I really felt like I was on holidays. Pity I had to go back to work today. Only two more sleeps though until my holidays. Six glorious weeks.

In other news.
This arrived on my doorstep today. So can't wait to play with it. Also managed to make a couple of more cards last week.
Last week I also caught up with my friend Ann to finish these which we started back in Febraury. I made patchwork Christmas stockings for both of my older kids when they were young, but had never got around to doing one for Chloe. Didn't want Colin to feel left out so made him one too. All ready to hang on the fireplace ready to be filled on Christmas Eve.

This week I need to get my Christmas letter written, and start the Christmas Spring Clean. Still have a couple of end of year breakups to attend, and then the holidays. These last couple of days have been frantic at work as we chase up staff to return all their resources and get Curriculum boxes all ready for the new year. The weekend will not come quick enough. I am so looking forward to the holidays. It has been a pretty difficult year this year, and I really feel worn out. It will be nice to have a break and recuperate over the Christmas break. In saying that though, I still feel incredibly blessed. There are so many good things in my life to feel thankful for.

This week I am thankful for

1. A weekend away with my wonderful husband.
2. Time spent with my older children.
3. Fun catching up with treasured girlfriends.
4. Extra help at work.
5. Even during a stressful time at work, just being able to laugh with those around me.
6. Steve's Christmas present arriving today.
7. that the air conditioning is working again
8. that the washing is all up to date
9. Chloe cooking dinner.
10. Pretty cupcake papers.

2 comments:

Chris Millar December 10, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

What a lovely family weekend you had Karen! I love how much you do with your family and the obvious love you all have for each other!

Beverley December 11, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

Sounds like a very full few days ... I bet it was good to get all the Christmas shopping done ... I haven't really started yet. Love the jandal (thong) fairy lights ... very aussie/kiwi.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP