Sunday, February 17, 2013

ANOTHER WEEKEND HAS COME AND GONE....

Another weekend has come and gone and what a busy one it has been.
We had our first scrap day for the year yesterday... but I still haven't got into scrapbooking mode...I think the last layouts I did were at our Retreat least May, but I have been making cards...
I don't have to think about them the same and I can mass produce...
Thinking though I should really try and sell some of my cards...  I don't need this many for myself but I do enjoy making them...

I have also been playing with some wool at night this week and I decided to have a go at making one of these.... I love this blog... and have been following it now for a while... She really inspires me with all her handiwork and I love how colourful her blog is... I love that she loves colour and flowers just like I do...
So this week I make this.

Covered bottle
 I saved one of our sauce bottles to use as a base and covered it with this crocheting... It must be OK....they all like it at home....
Then Yesterday, my darling husband picked these from our garden.....
A bunch of red roses from our own garden....
Put them both together and this is what is sitting on the mantle of my fireplace....
A little craftiness with a lot of love....
My roses in a new vase...
This week I was also asked to make a Baby card for our ladies group at church to give to one of our girls who is expecting her second baby in a couple of months time... They had a baby shower for her on Saturday...
This is the card I came up with...
Baby Card
I got the bug and made a couple more cards...
This one for my husband for Valentine's day...

and this one
Love it because it is bright and clourful
And then yesterday, we had our first scrapbooking afternoon for the year and I spent the afternoon making these...

Had a lot of fun with Butterfly punches.... Kind of got a butterfly thing happenin at the moment... I love the cards with all the little butterflies but my goodness they are fiddly to construct...
This afternoon I had a play again and made a couple of sets of these smaller cards...
Little cards
Close up of my little heart cards

 Then I played with butterflies again...
Little Butterfliy cards



 And just to finish off the weekend we are having a lovely roast lamb dinner
Lovely dinner
 A lovely meal or garlic and rosemary roast lamb with tuscan sweet potatoes and Mediterian vegetables with balsamic vinegar drizzled on it..
Finished off with a nice glass of wine..
 It has been a good weekend here...
Not so for my brother in law and sister in law in Bundaberg.  As if it weren't bad enough that they lost both their homes and contents in the recent floods in Bundaberg, on Thursday night someone broke into their shed and blogged the few remaining things they were able to salvage...
They are now camping at home in their back yard in the hope that they can deter any others that think they can loot homes of those poor flood effected victims....
It was so sad to hear.... I cannot believe that there are people out there that prey on others when their luck is down....  This is not to take away though from all those wonderful people that have stepped in and helped.  There are still lots of wonderfully kind people out there.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP