Thursday, May 16, 2013

B IRTHDAYS AND MOTHER'S DAY

Another week has come and gone and what a full on week it has been.
Lots of celebrations and family time....
Chloe celebrated her birthday last week, and we had a special dinner party .

Celebrating her birthday..
 We had a small dinnerparty at home for her with some of her close friends... It was a delightful evening and we all had a game of "Killer Bunnies"... great game... it was the first time we had planned it.

Pete also come home for Mother's Day with his friend Maria..... Maria is from Denmark, and Pete really wanted to take her crabbing and introduce her to Queensland Mud Crabs....
Heading out to put in the pots....
The kids all took turn driving the boat....
Beautiful day out on the water.... the dolphins actually swam with us. 
 Maria really enjoyed her day.... She was keen to help when we got home too... she was even had a go at picking up a crab, although she was cautious of those nippers...
Getting the crabs cleaned and ready to  cook
Not a bad catch for a couple of hours work....
Even Chloe picked up the craTbs....
 It was lovely to have Pete and Maria home for Mother's Day.  Just being here was a lovely gift in itself.... It is not often I have the kids home for Mother's Day, and I had the best one...  I had a lovely relaxed morning.... nice and quite...  I even managed to go for a lovely walk...

Pete and Maria were to head back to Brissie in the afternoon, but unfortunately Pete's car which had run perfectly all weekend, died.... even to the point of having to be towed home the next morning and they ended up getting stranded in Rocky....  I know it was stressful for them,  but it was an added bonus for me having them stay an extra night....
His car couldn't be towed until the next morning.  They hoped that it would get fixed quickly and they could get away at lunch time the next day, but that didn't happen.... It was obviously more serious then first thought... In fact it needed a part that had to be flown up from Sydney, and it wouldn't arrive until the following morning...
This was all very stressful for Pete as he and Maria were flying out of the country on Friday and he really needed his car so that his sister could drive them to the Gold Coast to catch their flights out in a few days time...

It meant that with the guys stranded here, we were able to also enjoy a beautiful Mother's Day dinner...
Our wonderful Mother's Day dinner....
Maria enjoying her first taste of Queensland Mud crabs

 I also scored well for Mother's day too.  I received a lovely handbag, perfume, flowers, and a lovely set of candle holders....  It really was the best day....  There were a few moments of sadness,  it is days like this that I really miss my Mum and she was constantly on my mind.... 
My lovely Mother's Day presents....
 My best Mother's day present though was having those I love spend the day with me.....
How very blessed I am... I am so thankful and grateful for the love of the most wonderful family and I thank God daily for them.
Another busy weekend ahead.... off to our annual scrap retreat.
Must remember to take the camera..
Will be back next week with photos from the weekend...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP