Friday, May 24, 2013

SCRAP RETREAT 2013

Another Scrap Retreat has come and gone...
This year it was held at a new venue...
We were told last year, that the place we have held our retreat at for the last 9 years was being demolished.  It meant that if we wanted a retreat this year we had to find a new venue....
What a blessing.

We held our retreat this year at a place called "The Haven"
It was wonderful.  We hired out three cottages, all with splendid ocean and beach views....
We were the only people there,  so peaceful and quite.
Honestly the photos don't do it justice...

It was right on the beach, so most of us took time out from our scrapbooking during the weekend to go for nice long walks on the beach...
We visited the Emu Park Markets on Sunday morning also.

There was no dress up theme this year.. instead we all went to the local pub for dinner instead.  Nice little outing on the Saturday night.  Definately a winner with everyone, and we will be doing the same again next year....

We have since found out that "The Lodge" where we have previously held our retreats is still standing and we could have gone back there.... They have lost us for good now...
The new accommodation is so much nice, and the views are breath taking and worth paying the little extra for..
I can't say I was hugely productive over the weekend.  I did manage to almost complete six layouts, a;though I still need to do all the journalling.    The weekend did inspire me though to start creating again.  It has been twelve months since I have done any layouts.   I have done another couple this week since I have been home...
Will share them once my journalling is done...

Photo share from the weekend.

The views from our Cottages.

The photo on the right bottom is a photo of our cottage.... We sat on the picnic table here each morning to eat our breakfast and enjoy the view and fresh air....  Definately keen to go back here again next year,.
A close look inside out cottage.
When we arrived, we walked in and were greeted with a teapot full of fresh flowers on our kitchen bench.  The cottages were quaint and homely...spotlessly clean and very welcoming.,...
The views from our scrap room... AMAZING

We celebrated birthdays whilst we were there... Two of our ladies had birthdays over the weekend, so we had plenty of birthday cake...
Aleesha with her Birthday Cake
She loved the fact that we were celebrating her birthday, even choosing to beleive that our jaunt out to the Pub for dinner was to celebrate her birthday. 

Group photos

Beatuiful settings for photos... Managed to get a photo of us girls who all worked together also.  It has been six years since we have all worked together.... I love how we are still all friends and how we make the effort monthly to keep in touch.  
Beach activities on Saturday afternoon.
Our messy scrap room
Had to take photos of everyone scrapbooking... Never did quite get round to take photos of everyone displaying their layouts...
The Scrappers of 2013
Emu Park  holds wonderful markets on the third Saturday of each month.  It just so happened that they were on the weejkend, that we had our retreat.  Saturday morning, a group of us got up nice and early and headed down to the markets...  I managed to get all my fruit and vegetables for the week.  So much nicer than buying through the supermarket.... They are all organic and have beautiful flavour...
I also got a lovely chunky green necklace.
Emu Park Markets
With all our shopping at the Emu Park Markets
Just as we were ready to leave, we notice this group of dancers arrive...I sat and watched them warm up and just knew I had to get some photos of these belly dancers
Belly Dancers at the Emu Park Markets
Unfortunately,  these markets are normally held on our scrapbooking weekend.  Definately think another weekend at the beach is on the cards... Next time I will just have to organise it to fall on the same weekend that the markets are there.,..

Not a lot more to report.... A much needed quite weekend this weekend, although on Sunday I am off to a bridal shower.... I am sure I will have photos from it to share with you all next week. 

Until then,  I have so much to be thankful for...

THIS WEEKEND, i AM THANKFUL FOR AND GRATEFUL FOR THESE MANY BLESSINGS. 
1.  This wonderful country we live in
2.  Loving Family
3.  Mudcrabs, and the fun in catching them, and eating them all together.
4.  Meeting Maria
5.  New technology.... getting photos and video's weekly of my beautiful grand daughter.
6.  Friends
7. A job that I love...
8. Lovely walks around my neighbourhood
9.  The ability to look within - it is vital to growth in this life...
10. Relationship with God - and the confidence that he sees the bigger picture of my life...
11.  Camera's and memories..
12  Creative outlets... 
13. The new relationship I have with my daughter now that she is a Mum.  
14. Music...worshipful and soothing to the soul
15. This time of year... the freshness of the air around us and glorious sunsets. 
Blessed beyond measure - that is what I am.....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP