Sunday, November 2, 2014

IT'S BEEN A VERY QUIET WEEKEND...

Just the way I love them...
A nice quiet weekend with nothing planned...
Well not for me anyway...
Steve has been really busy with end of year exams and assignments and has spent most of the weekend at work...
I have potted at home, and spent some time up at school with him also...
We have been on dinner dates and Bunning dates and life is good...
Yesterday morning,  I just enjoying pottering around in our yard...
Feeling very thankful and blessed for all that we have and the gift of sight, smell, touch, sound, and taste to enjoy all the wonderful things around us that so often we just take for granted..

Initially I went out to take a photo of our vegetable garden to send to Pete as he had only seen photos of it when we first planted the garden and I wanted to show him how much it had grown....
But,  the day was beautiful,  sunny, clear blue skies and I just was feeling so thankful and blessed to live in this amazing country of ours...

Here is some photos of the things that took my eye yesterday as I strolled around our yard...

Our gardens are growing well.
 I am loving having our gardens just outside my kitchen.  We are picking produce from it daily and eating it and it tastes so much nicer than store bought produce... Once my birthday present arrives we are hoping to eat a lot more fresh and preservative free....
Cherry tomatoes
Picking them daily
 The bushes are full or them and we are picking at least a bowl of them daily.  We are having them for breakfast dinner and tea... and they are delicious...
Planting my new plant from Bunnings...
He is really enjoying time in the garden each day..
 We are really enjoying being out in the yard, especially late afternoons,  it is so nice to be outdoors, watering and chatting together...
Our pretty little sun flowers...
 Our purple bush is flowering also,  it is fully covered in flowers this year.  You can tell I am not really a gardener as I have no idea of the names of all the plants,  I just appreciate their beauty. 
Looking down towards the back yard..
Flowering profusely
Close up
 My lovely Mayflower bush is loaded with these beautiful flowers also... Unfortunately it does grow or produce anywhere near as profusely as my sister's does in Toowoomba, but it is still one of my most favourite bushes...
Flowring Mayflower bush
Garden full of parrots..
 I love that these birds are in our garden everywhere for most of the time.  I must admit thought they do drive me a little crazy at 4.30am when they hit the Grevillia bushes outside our bedroom window....
It gets so bad some times that we have to close our windows and keep the air con on just so that we can have a good nights sleep... Still they are beautifully coloured birds and we are fortunate to have such beauty around our place...

Most Sundays, Steve and I manage to have lunch out together, and we did it again today.
Our favourite spot is Coffee Club,  we have the VIP card so it kind of makes it worthwhile for us and the  we usually do a little shopping or the grocery shopping together...
Out to lunch together...
Our favourite meal..
 We love getting  a turkcy and Cranberry toasted sandwich with melted cheese and spinach.  It tastes divine and most weeks we have it.....

 I am still enjoying the beautiful yellow roses that Danielle (Chloe's flatemate) bought we last week when they came for dinner....  I cannot believe that nearly a week later, they are still looking like I just got them....  I am glad that I have been able to appreciate them this weekend...
My beautiful yellow roses at 5 days old...
flowers on my dining room table...
I have never had roses last this long at this time of the year....
 My orchid is out in full bloom at the moment too and I am loving having it on my dining room table...
I wonder how long it will last....
Lovely orchids are out in full bloom...
 Whilst we were off lunching today, Dan and Chloe took a trip over to Keppel Island...
Looks like they were having fun... It was the perfect day for them... clear blue skies and deep blue water...
Enjoying cruising among the Keppels. 
 Haven't done a lot of crafting lately, although I did manage to do a couple of quick cards to use for our guest speakers for our PD day the other weeks.  I am pretty happy with they way these cards turned out.  They were very basic and simple but I love the colours I used and they really stood out.
Wanted a photo of them just in case I wanted to make them agan..
Thank you cards.
Well not a lot more to report...
Another hectic week ahead..
I am pretty sure it is going to be like this now until the end of term..
I need to start having some early nights so that I can cope....

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP