Friday, January 16, 2015

ANOTHER DAY OUT ON THE WATER....

Think Steve is a little shocked that he got me out on the water again two days in a row...
It is not that I don't enjoy going out, it is the heat that gets to me, and at the moment, we need to go out at lunch time because of the tides.....
I wasn't looking forward to it as much today as I was already a little sunburnt from yesterday...
but we had fish carcasses from our fish yesterday, so he was keen to go and put out some crab pots to see if we could pick up any crabs....

Heading out from the Boat ramp
Another perfect day weather wise...
Picking up a bit of speed
We got down to Coorooman Creek around 11.30am, and headed out,   the fish just weren't biting at all.
 Steve managed to catch a sandcrab on his line today....
He caught a sandcrab on his line...
The little sand crab.....
First fish of the day...
Another Johnny Dory
 Steve did manage to catch a big Johnny Dory, but I wasn't even getting a nibble....
We fished a few sand banks, before heading and setting up the crab pots and dropping them in the water.

It was really HOT today, and I had a huge headache and was keen to go home early, but Steve wanted one last fish at the sandbank that we fished off yesterday....

Not a good move,  after having no luck and no nibbles all morning, we threw our lines in, and caught two fish straight off....  In fact we had trouble getting the first one in before the reel went screaming on the other rod...
Our first Brim for the day...
A decent size again today...
That put an end to us coming home early...
There was no way I was going to get him back to the boat ramp whilst the fish were biting...
We managed to catch another decent feed again today...
We actually caught a lot more fish today than yesterday, but I think we managed to keep 5 and threw 6-7 back in the water because they were too small..
I actually caught three or four fish today too...
My first fish.....
My second fish...
I am sure that I caught this same fish two or three times... Maybe not but it sure felt like it...
I wasn't able to keep any of them - all too small....
Steve picked up another couple of Johnny Dory fish...
Another Johnny Dory for dinner...
Trying to get the hook out of it's mouth
He caught four of these beauties today...
So much for getting home early today,  it was still after 4pm before we got home..
Still it was a good day, and if it weren't for the heat it would have been perfect....
Definitely think I like winter fishing better...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP