Sunday, April 17, 2016

VISIT TO THE ORCHID SHOW

After Tannum,  Ian and Kathy joined us for the weekend in Rocky...
It was nice to have them up in on our turf.  Three times in six months is pretty impressive...
Usually we catch up with them in Brissie...

We arrived home from Tannum on the Friday afternoon, and then the big clean up started..
We had the boat to clean up,  the caravan to unpack, and mountains of washing to do...
It took us most of the afternoon to get most of the unpacking down, and then a good part of the cleaning was done on the Saturday.  Ian and Kathy blew a tyre on the caravan coming up to Rocky so the boys also had to organise some new tyres for the van for them, and then they spent the afternoon changing tyres and doing some maintenance on the van.

We had planned a family day out on the Sunday, as the Autumn Orchid Show was on in Rocky that weekend, and the Wind Festival was being held at Emu Park.  (That is for another post)
Sarah and the children stayed and home and packed a picnic lunch for us, and then Sarah was going to pick up Chloe and meet us at Emu Park later...

Ian, Kathy and I headed off to the Orchid Show.  Unfortunately Steve couldn't join us as he had work to prepare for a course he was running for the Uni the coming week...
I love going to the orchid shows,  not that I have green fingers at all, but I can appreciate their beauty and diversity....
Long photo haul....
The theme of the Orchid show this year was Disney Princesses..
The first one we looked at had "Frozen" highlighted....  I was actually a little disappointed that I haven't bought Willow as she is Frozen mad at the moment


This was the theme of the first display we looked at...

Impressive orchids

Willow would have loved this one....  Her very favourite doll... (other than floppy baby of course)


There is also a section on arrangements..
Some were quite stunning... 
Even those that were mainly leaf arrangements were beautiful...

 Just some of the beautiful arrangements in the sections to be judged.  
Then it was off to see some more of the beautiful orchids..
I was glad that I got to share this with Ian and Kathy.  I am also glad that we share lots of similar interests. and I am looking forward to sharing lots more with them when we travel next year...
Kathy at the Orchid Show
Unusual orchids but a beautiful colour

 I wanted to capture a photo of Ian and Kathy at the show with me....
Love these guys... They have such a heart for God and others.  I feel so incredibly blessed to have had their friendship over the past 35 years.  
Our beauitful friends Ian and Kathy
Ian and Kathy Forward

 The other thing I like about coming to the Orchid Show is that they always have these beautiful little arrangements for about $5 each.  So cheap and it is always lovely to grab one to take home...
This year I didn't do it as we were heading to the beach from the Orchid Show and I wasn't sure it would last sitting in a hot car for the day...
A couple of the cheap $5 arrangements
 Love coming to this show and have already got the dates booked into my phone for the Spring Orchid Show when it comes in September.
I love forward to this each year...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP