Sunday, June 5, 2016

COOKING TOGETHER

It was a bit of a sad start to the day as Pete took off to head back to Copenhagen...
I can't quite call it that he was heading home because I guess to me Australia will always be home....
Willow was my shadow again today, so when Steve and Sarah headed down to the shop on their skateboards,  Willow and I decided to make some pikelets......


She never ceases to amaze me at how well she can do things... how confident she is for her age....
She cracked the eggs all by herself.....

Cracking the eggs into the bowl...
 I measured the sugar but she had to tip it into the bowl....
adding the sugar
just a little taste test....
 She loves to lick,,,,
Everything needed licking...
she amazed me that she was even abale to use the electric beaters without any problems at all, although almost at the end of the beating she was starting to say they were too heavy for her....
Still she did an amazing job.....
mixing in the flour and the milk....
Just a little taste test....
it is so yummy.....

 She pretty much made the pikelets and was even keen is cook them, but I didn't want her going near the hot frying pan...

Looking good...
 She would however re stir the mixture each time between when I cooked them, and then would want to lick the spoon.....

 Bowl licking time.

 Oh to be young again,,, Bowl goes right up to the mouth and she licks right around it.....
You can see that she has had practice doing this before.......
Great batch of pikelets for afternoon tea..
Can I please have some Moppy....
 Special morning....
So much better than being at work....
Retirement is looking better and better all the time...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP