Sunday, February 27, 2022

AN UPDATE FROM DENMARK....

 I love how Pete and Maria always keep us updated with photos of our beautiful grandsons on the other side of the world....

Not long now until we get to go and visit.  I am trying to not get too excited.  In fact I am a little nervous as no plans we have made in the last couple of years have come to fruition.  I don't think I will believe it until we actually land in Copenhagen at the end of April..

I love that the children are so excited about us coming...  Theo was so funny... He was so excited about us coming until his father told him that he will have to speak English to us whilst we are there.  Now he is not so sure...

Our daily chats with our boys are wonderful and at least I get to see them when we chat.  This is so much better than my parents had if their grandchildren.  Even thought we lived in the same country, phone calls back then were expensive, so there were no long chats and there certainly weren't video calls where they could see our children, so in light of all that, I am incredibly thankful for technology and that we can chat for extended periods of time and the kids actually know us and recognize us...
I have decided to do some DuoLingo and try and learn some Danish before I go over.  I know that I won't get to the speaking part of it, but hopefully will be able to understand a lot more and understand when Theo asks for things.  Pete is very keen through for us to talk to Theo only in English so that it improves his English, and I have told him, that I want a bit of time each evening for either he or Maria to help me with my Danish.  Hopefully it will work both ways for us all and we will achieve our goals..

I do love the photos that Pete and Maria have sent of the boys and the adventures that they have been getting up to in and around Copenhagen...

Our little pirate..
All dressed up for a wedding...

Bath time for Elliot

Bath time for Theo...

For Pete's birthday last year, he asked for a Child's pass to the Experimentarium in Copenhagen.   He wanted us to get the yearly pass for Theodore because if you get a child pass then an accompanying adult can go with them for free.

Experimentarium is a world class science museum in Copenhagen. It is located 15 minutes north of Copenhagen City Centre in Hellerup.  It is a celebration of curiousity, and is dedicated to playful science and there is something there for all of the family.  The place really brings science to life through hands-on exploration.

 

The centre comprises three indoor floors with 18 interactive exhibitions about science and technology, plus an interactive rooftop with the option of open air activities (from Spring to Fall). They also hold science shows and have a restaurant  for you to enjoy a coffee or even a light meal- the Experimentarium is huge and, not surprisingly, the place is especially popular with families.

The Experimentarium has a special science centre for toddlers and preschoolers called "Miniverset" which is especially set up for children aged 1-5 years which allow them to learn about science through play.  It is a fun, inspiring, and a safe environment that nurtures children's basic understanding of science, while they and their adults are busy having lots of fun together...

The boys love it and we are looking forward to taking the boys there when we are over them in May. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP